Talk

Advanced search

Have tried on about 20 pairs of jeans....

(15 Posts)
PetiteMum Fri 02-Sep-11 21:12:06

and they all fall down! I've tried gap, new look, DP, warehouse, oasis, uniqlo and all have the same problem! My mum tum pushes them down I think. Am actually considering ditching jeans altogether out of my wardrobe! Can anyon help? I'm a 12 and 5'1....

brighthair Fri 02-Sep-11 21:56:19

M&S? I've just got some nice dark skinny jeans - meant to be £15, went through the till at £12.50. Sit just below waist

southeastastra Fri 02-Sep-11 22:00:06

i have some m and slim jeans that fit fantastically and also so levi curve which were mega expensive so don't wear them everyday!

miche8 Fri 02-Sep-11 22:31:38

you need levis curve i have the slim leg and the straight after 3 kids i am definitely apple shaped, when the kids go back to school i'm getting another slim pair in black.

winnybella Fri 02-Sep-11 22:39:50

Levis Curve. They have different ones for different body types. I have demi curve and they fit like a glove.

Helltotheno Fri 02-Sep-11 22:48:21

winnybella mind my asking what's your exact figure type? Levi's have never ever suited me before but now that these new curve ones are out, I might give em a go. I have a slim tum but because my actual hip bones are wide, I only manage to get jeans neat around the butt and gaping at the waist (size 12/29). Am thinking the bold curve ones might suit....
Did you get straight, skinny or bootcut?

winnybella Sat 03-Sep-11 00:44:02

I got skinny demi-curve (they have curve, demi curve and something else, forgot). I often had the gaping waistband problem, but not with these ones. I'm about 94cm hips and 66 waist, I think hmm Was about 90cm and 63 before second DC and found it hard to find jeans that fit well around waist for some reason. Anyhow, I read only good things about the Curve on here-it seems they fit all kinds of body shapes.

badgerbrisket Sat 03-Sep-11 08:02:10

Pepe jeans are a brilliant flattering cut

southeastastra Sat 03-Sep-11 11:07:52

you have to try on all the curve type jeans, they're cut so differently, john lewis usually has a big selection

miche8 Sat 03-Sep-11 11:18:03

i think they are called slight curve, demi curve and bold curve....the best way is to try all three types and you will know which pair fit best, the different colours and types have different material and amount of stretch so you will vary in sizes.

My first visit to the levis stall they measured me and handed me a pair of jeans they were a much better fit that my last pair of jeans from new look but after a while i found the waist a bit tight, so i went back and tried all 3 curve types and it turns out a different curve fits me even better.

YNK Sat 03-Sep-11 11:25:53

I love Jeans but I have nickel allergy so as most of them have metal studs finding those without is a nightmare!
M&S are often the only solution - if they stock them I buy more than one pair!
I don't understand why more manufacturers don't take this into account as nickel allergy is really common.
(BTW nail varnish wears off too quickly to prevent flash rot. I can get away with fabric elastoplast, but it needs replacing every other wash)

YNK Sat 03-Sep-11 11:27:02

Flesh rot - doh!

Helltotheno Sat 03-Sep-11 15:45:31

Thanks all for the advice Levi curve jeans, can't wait to give em a go...

OP maybe the jeans you're trying have too low a 'rise'? I heard my sil complaining about this, that jeans fall down under her tum and she said M&S ones were the only ones that suited her.

prolificwillybreeder Sat 03-Sep-11 22:30:16

Do the M&S ones fit very closely? As in jegging type skinny? I need some jeans I can move in! Bargain price I must say

PetiteMum Sun 04-Sep-11 00:37:03

Gosh thanks everyone! Yes I think the rise might just be the issue, but I am too scared to try higher rise, as they are straying into the dreaded mum Jean territory.... Will def check out levis too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now