Talk

Advanced search

Really really really really cosy dressing gown

(41 Posts)
Euphemia Fri 02-Sep-11 20:52:35

Sitting in jammies and dressing gown watching Dr Luka Kovac telly last night, absolutely freezing.

I have a vision of a full-length fleece dressing gown in a nice colour, preferably no pattern.

Any ideas, oh wise women of MN?

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 02-Sep-11 20:56:17

I know you don't want a pattern, but I've just bought and it is lovely. Really, really soft and comfy.

Or, there's this one , although I haven't seen it other than online.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 02-Sep-11 20:57:02

Oh, that's weird - first link disappeared altogether!

It was this one

Euphemia Fri 02-Sep-11 20:58:46

That's the one I have that I was freezing in last night! grin

I need heavy duty fleece. Velour just doesn't cut it in Scotland in the Autumn and Winter.

Euphemia Fri 02-Sep-11 20:59:46

Oooh the second one is nice - might check it out. smile

jazzchickens Fri 02-Sep-11 21:07:32

snuggle robe

I have the cream snuggle robe and it's lovely and cosy

Hassled Fri 02-Sep-11 21:08:49

John Lewis make one which is hotter than the sun. Everytime I'm in it I'm convinced I'm having one of my menopausal moments. If it's heat you need, go to John Lewis.

TapselteerieO Fri 02-Sep-11 21:11:51

I bought one in Sainsburys last weekend, so soft and warm, and I really feel the cold, never felt so cosy in anything else, they had 25%? off, it cost £13.50, it is a dusky pink colour (which is okay for pink but I would have preferred another colour).

I am in Scotland too, until I bought this I was putting the heating on, so I am sure I am saving some money, but still feeling so toasty!

brighthair Fri 02-Sep-11 21:57:42

I don't know how tall you are, but I have a Long Tall Sally one that is SO thick it's ridiculous, can only wear in depths of winter

StringOrNothing Fri 02-Sep-11 21:59:35

John Lewis for me too - it's snuggly and crimson.

Littlepumpkinpie Fri 02-Sep-11 22:09:36

Years ago I brought a lovely thick one from TKmax it was the warmest most snuggly dressing gown I had ever owned. I binned it a couple of years ago after DH brought me a new one from la senza its not no where near as warm as the TKmax one was but it had gone very tatty after many years of wear. I am on the hunt for one that matches my much loved tkmax one.

Euphemia Fri 02-Sep-11 22:30:29

brighthair I'm 5' 6" so would LTS be too long?

brighthair Fri 02-Sep-11 22:52:42

Depends if you want to walk in it grin
It's just ankle length on me at 5'10

brighthair Fri 02-Sep-11 22:55:36

I think it's the old version of the hooded Candyfloss one I have

Length on website is 60" or 152cm

wildfig Fri 02-Sep-11 23:07:50

I love the idea of a dressing gown that's so toasty you think you're having a hot flush. Will be following this with interest as ideally I want one that's full length (am 5'7"), with a hood, non-bobbling, and super warm (I live in a cooooold house).

Chocamochalatte Fri 02-Sep-11 23:16:15

It's not a dressing gown you want it's fleece pyjamas from Primark (£6) and wool boot slippers grin Thats how I stay toastie warm...

brighthair Fri 02-Sep-11 23:17:01

wildfig - honestly the one I have is amazing. Mum got it me online, and when it arrived she spent most of Christmas morning stroking it like it was some small furry animal. It has a hood, and sleeves that roll up (otherwise they reach the ends of my hands). I got it last Dec, and no bobbling yet....

Euphemia Sat 03-Sep-11 08:44:50

See, I don't need to be warmer in bed as I have a warm duvet, an electric blanket and DH. smile

It's lazing about in the evenings, once the place has cooled down, that I need it for.

LittleChiefRunnyCustard Sat 03-Sep-11 09:04:06

I got a plain navy fleece one from Lands End last winter - it is very cosy.

here

They only have sizes S and XS left from last winters stock but I am wearing a small and it is easily big enough to fit a UK 14. Bargain price too!

wildfig Sat 03-Sep-11 09:12:36

brighthair ohhhh, that does look like a cosy dressing gown. Have now got serious Long Leg Envy, though, looking at the LTS site...

Jezabelle Sat 03-Sep-11 09:59:17

Am watching link and pouring over links obsessively! I'm a very cold person and have recently been diagnosed with rainauds (sp) which means my hands and feet get rediculously cold and I find it hard to warm up again. I am 5'9" so think the LTS option might be for me, along with the Primark fleece PJs.

Although the LTS one is not he cheepest option, Taps is right about saving money on heating the house.

FreeButtonBee Sat 03-Sep-11 10:07:14

I have [[http://www.thewhitecompany.com/bedroom/robes/soft-rose-velour-hooded-robe/ this White Co one] and it's really lovely. Plus it has a HOOD! which is awesome for snuggling.

DH has a great one from Heals that is super thick towelling. Was £££ though.

ClaireBear54 Sat 03-Sep-11 11:19:15

Another vote too for one from John Lewis. I adore mine so much, washes like a dream, and dries to a fluffy cloud-like puffiness. Super toasty and cute. My hubby now has a navy one and we look slightly crazy but snugs as bugs.

Fuzzled Sat 03-Sep-11 11:28:18

I bought a gents blush towelling robe from M&S as I find that (even at a measly 5ft!) most robes aren't long enough as I like my feet wrapped up too when sitting on the couch.

Mine is cuddly and big enough to wrap me and DS in grin

Now, I just need to find cotton/flannel PJ's that aren't bloody pink or floral! angry

Lexilicious Sat 03-Sep-11 11:32:17

seconded the White Company - bought DHAKA a terry cotton hooded robe for last Christmas and he loves it. it also washes really well and stays very soft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now