Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Big boobs!

(16 Posts)
StressedoutZoe Fri 02-Sep-11 18:03:35

I am s 42 J bra size, does anyone know of any cheap bra websites?
I ordered one off ebay & it was flimsy wires and lacked support?
ty

warmandwooly Fri 02-Sep-11 18:19:32

I don't know of any cheap websites but my local Debenhams have a section of reduced bras. Might be worth a look to see if there are any of your size.

tethersend Fri 02-Sep-11 18:22:01

Brastop is pretty good.

StressedoutZoe Fri 02-Sep-11 18:28:28

Our local debenhams stop at a g cup :-(

StressedoutZoe Fri 02-Sep-11 18:30:43

Just checked out bra stop, they only have a 28 in a j cup, never thought bra shopping could be such a pain lol

tethersend Fri 02-Sep-11 18:33:17

Betty and Belle

HellonHeels Fri 02-Sep-11 19:52:00

I'm a 36G and have seen reasonably priced bras on eBay so might be worth looking there. You can search by size.

What's your idea of cheap though? Larger cup bras sadly do tend to cost more.

HellonHeels Fri 02-Sep-11 19:54:33

Whoops sorry just read OP again and saw you had no luck on eBay! Any way you can try on in person and then search out brands online when you know a style is good?

Bravissimo has great large cup bras but not sure what band size they go to.

DirtyMartini Fri 02-Sep-11 19:57:19

I am an H cup and I accepted long ago that there will never be cheap bras for me. There just aren't any - and tbh I think if there were, they'd probably all be flimsy. Large cup sizes are hard to fit and support properly without wires digging in; it's a complex product and inherently expensive to make, I think.

I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

Scaredycat3000 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:29:01

I'm sorry I have to agree with Dirty. At a 34HH and a avid sale shopper I wish I hadn't wasted so much money on cheap bras that just make my norks a weird shape/ painful.
Debenhams do go bigger than a G cup in their own brand to a H cup! Their sizes are all over the shop and the shape can be very odd. They do stock Freya and other brands that should go up to your size.
I used to buy bras at the end of the January sales in places like Selfridges, House of Fraser, basically do Oxford street. That was pre DC. That takes some serious time, frequent trips, some luck, but can save loads.
I've never tried this company but they do your size www.simplybe.co.uk .

warmandwooly Fri 02-Sep-11 20:29:28

Ooh. I have just had a thought. I think the same company behind Freya and Fantasie has another label..i will check it out now..

warmandwooly Fri 02-Sep-11 20:47:52

The Goddess label I referenced above isn't suitable only goes to a J cup) however
OP- The Curvy Kate label goes from a D-K cups!
http://www.curvykate.com

warmandwooly Fri 02-Sep-11 20:55:02

goes back re reads thread, slaps head,repeats alphabet rote style Goddess would be suitable as would Curvy Kate. Dunno bout cheap tho.

StressedoutZoe Fri 02-Sep-11 20:59:24

Fantastic peeps, many thanks. Think I will have to just bit the bullet and spend, well good excuse to shop.
I hate the fact that many are internet only, gotta giggle girls x

SevenAgainstThebes Fri 02-Sep-11 21:03:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

warmandwooly Fri 02-Sep-11 21:11:33

http://www.lovebras.com/SearchPage.aspx?type=1&size=&brand=CURVY%20KATE&colour=&sectionid=&text=&gclid=CKznz5Ot_6oCFYUntAod3BzWzA.

Curvy Kate reduced at above site. Never ordered from them or anything...worth a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now