Talk

Advanced search

I'm considering buying my 3rd pair of Fly Mols ..............

(30 Posts)
snowmummy Fri 02-Sep-11 16:31:34

Three years ago I bought a pair of brown fly mols and I love them, so much so that I bought a pair of black ones too. The brown ones have now had it and I need a new pair. I'm considering getting another pair - is that really sad? I may get all daring and buy tan instead.

I'd buy a different pair but I cannot find anything I like as much - I like the low wedge heel - just so comfortable to wear and run around after the kids in.

Any suggestions?

shopalot Fri 02-Sep-11 22:30:20

this price may convince you!!!

shopalot Fri 02-Sep-11 22:32:56

I have had a pair of mols in black and have lived in them for two years. They are so comfy so I totally understand where you are coming from. However I bought some gorgeous new boots fromClarks today and they are LOVELY!!!! Will find a link new boots that she got with 20% off smile

shopalot Fri 02-Sep-11 22:34:49

these

needanewname Fri 02-Sep-11 22:39:03

I love the Fly boots, unfortunately my calves are too fat so they don't fit sad

JillyWillyPops Fri 02-Sep-11 23:35:52

I've got the brown ones from amazon and they arrived today. I love them!! Only thing is that they are a bit tight across the top of my feet, do they stretch any??

said Fri 02-Sep-11 23:48:09

Thank you for that link shopalot.Need new ones,my 2 year old ones are looking knackered but they are the only thing that my back can cope with in winter. The "grey" show up as tan though???

So, to OP, no, you're nbu at all even though this is not a aibu thread. I strayed last winter with another brand and my back has never been the same since.

snowmummy Sat 03-Sep-11 18:00:05

Settled then, I'm going to get some more. Thanks

jenniferturkington Sat 03-Sep-11 19:17:23

I've had them for the past two winters (one pair chocolate, last year's are tan). My chocolate ones are going to the cobblers next week as they are leaking on the sole but are so comfy I can't bring myself to bin them.
Don't think I can justify a new pair this winter...

iWILLdothis Sat 03-Sep-11 20:22:12

I LOVE the look of these boots, just what I have been searching for....but think I dismissed them when I was in the shops because they were terribly scratched-looking, even just from being on the shop floor. It was like those lovely leather sofas you see that you just have to look at them and they scratch..... do any of you that have these find that?

said yes I found that too with the "grey" appearing as tan....so which is it, I wonder?!?

Yama Sat 03-Sep-11 20:27:36

This is the second thread today where I could've written the first two ro three sentences.

I really want the patent ones but can justify £100+ at the moment.

Mols rock.

Yama Sat 03-Sep-11 20:28:03

two to three

iWILLdothis Sat 03-Sep-11 21:11:01

bump.... can anyone tell me do these scratch badly & easily? Tia

HallnotOates Sun 04-Sep-11 01:36:10

They sure vile. Horrible boots

coolkat Sun 04-Sep-11 12:15:34

They had black patent on Amazon the other day for £60, the calf lenght ones!

shopalot Sun 04-Sep-11 16:18:08

They don't scratch too badly. I always polish mine. They do stretch too, but are so comfy..

neuroticmumof3 Sun 04-Sep-11 20:34:00

I've just bought the dark brown ones on Amazon for £69.99. I just hope my calves can get in them. Plus I've seen some people say they're not very good in wet conditions, which is a bit worrying.

franke Sun 04-Sep-11 20:51:01

Can anyone tell me the calf circumference?

iWILLdothis Sun 04-Sep-11 20:51:41

thanks shopalot.... was hoping that a good polish would sort the problem.
neuroticmum.... I wonder would some of the sprays you can get for shoes help waterproof them a bit? maybe worth a try.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Sep-11 21:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iWILLdothis Sun 04-Sep-11 21:26:40

rubyrubyruby yeah I LOVE the look of the dr marten elena.....and I ordered them off amazon 2 weeks ago....and it has not yet been despatched, so I have cancelled the order sad very disappointed as I had my heart set on them. As they were last year's design, they don't seem to be very readily available any more. that's why I'm now looking at the flys

snowmummy Mon 05-Sep-11 16:54:41

I like the Dr Martens too but I tried some on last year and they're too wide around the calf for me.

You don't like Mols then Hall. Fair enough [hmmm]

snowmummy Mon 05-Sep-11 16:55:04

or hmm even

iWILLdothis Thu 08-Sep-11 10:40:42

wide around the calf would suit me!!
So, snowmummy, did you get your new mols yet then??
I'm devastated they don't come in tan and the grey are more brown than grey (not shown on your link, but google imaged them and they're hardly grey at all). My search continues....

said Thu 08-Sep-11 17:32:47

I ordered the grey and they are sort of tan looking. Ordered the brown as well but have sent back as ordered wrong size by mistake felt it unimaginative to order same as I already have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now