Talk

Advanced search

Open pores are beyond a joke

(20 Posts)
cyb Fri 02-Sep-11 14:41:48

I dont know if its hormonal, or my age, or the heat or what but my skin looks like this pores are huge

Makes me look older . Dont want to disguise, have tried all that, Clinque stuff etc. Want to get rid. Facials?

cyb Fri 02-Sep-11 14:42:27

here

aquavit Fri 02-Sep-11 14:47:53

could be worse

try oil under night cream? helps mine. I like the sanctuary one for this as it's not overly moisturising

don't exfoliate too much

talkingnonsense Fri 02-Sep-11 15:30:50

Sadly don't think is possible to get rid. I have found a non grainy exfoliator helps ( use a clarins one) and the clinique pore minimiser coloured cream best I've used, but not great. No 7 pore minimising serum useless as rubs off in rolls!

MistyMountainHop Fri 02-Sep-11 17:16:28

what are open pores?

sorry for being thick, but always reading about them in mags etc and how to get rid / hide them, but i don't know what they are blush

TracyK Fri 02-Sep-11 17:21:13

I reckon a course of facial peels and blue light therapy could help.

Bonsoir Fri 02-Sep-11 17:30:43

Some kind of chemical peel should help. You need a very good cosmetic dermatologist.

AbsDuWolef Fri 02-Sep-11 17:34:07

I got told once that kaolin clay masks can help. It does get worse with age.

Bonsoir Fri 02-Sep-11 17:44:08

Kaolin masks are good at mopping up the grease that sits in pores, if that is the OP's problem.

cyb Fri 02-Sep-11 18:12:42

Yes have def got greasier (but conversely more wrinkled) as I've got older

I was offered chemical peels by a cosmetic dermatologist but just didnt fancy them, the aftercare etc. Also very £££

My pores dont seem blocked ,just gaping! The same cosmetic dermatologist told me to use High SPF on my face every day and they seem to have got a lot worse since then

Pinot Fri 02-Sep-11 19:19:10

Lancome Visionnaire is supposed to be the new all-singing all-dancing skin refining serum.

I'm testing it atm for Boots review panel and liking it alot. Alot alot. I'm not using my primer anymore (was using L'Oreal Studio Secrets and that's very good indeed) but now my skin looks tight without it.

So yeah - I recommend either of them. Visionnaire is £57, primer is about £12.

Pinot Fri 02-Sep-11 19:20:38

Article here

Popbiscuit Fri 02-Sep-11 19:26:53

Retin-A very good for this as well as wrinkles and acne. You need a prescription and you must wear sunscreen but it's much better than anything OTC.

Foxinsocks Fri 02-Sep-11 19:35:17

I have recently had to start using more suncream due to hyperpigmentation and my pores have got far worse.

You need to find a light suncream. I swapped to a neutrogena one (think that's it) and it has made a difference.

But yes, age too I reckon grr.

PureBloodMuggle Fri 02-Sep-11 19:35:26

I'm on the warpath with my pores too, at the moment I'm giving No7 Hot cloth cleanser a go, only been using it a few days and I have to say I'm liking it so far.

I also use Mudd facepack (but that's on a new thing I've just found it the best one for me)

MistyMountainHop they'd looks something like this smartertips.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/168774-main_full.jpg

Popbiscuit Fri 02-Sep-11 19:47:36

The best sunscreen ever for oily skin is La Roche Posay Anthelios spray. It's non pore-clogging and very light, no grease whatsoever. Great under makeup. It's a bit pricey but lasts a long time.

PlumSykes Fri 02-Sep-11 20:17:03

I think only way to get rid is microdermabrasion, or skin peel. Everything else just temporary fix, or only masking problem. Problem is that they are open, and won't close again. Weather they are blocked up with suncream/make-up/whatever, they are wide open. Need to get rid, rather then try to clear them out/mask them.

cyb Fri 02-Sep-11 21:22:39

Thanks for all your wise words.....bloody pores

JustAnother Fri 02-Sep-11 21:34:28

Dr Brandt Pores No More is pretty amazing [http://www.lookfantastic.com/beauty/dr-brandt/dr-brandt-pores-no-more]

JustAnother Fri 02-Sep-11 21:34:50

www.lookfantastic.com/beauty/dr-brandt/dr-brandt-pores-no-more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now