Talk

Advanced search

can anyone please help me find a nice pink coat for my dd age 4 for starting school?i've found these two

(13 Posts)
carriedababi Fri 02-Sep-11 10:11:33

boden

next

i don't really love either, and i have a 20 pounds gift voucher for boden so they work out about the same price.

just wondered if anyone had seen anything nicer.

dd really wants a pink one

LIZS Fri 02-Sep-11 10:32:58

Sorry would n't get either, sorry. When we had the choice of style/colour (and you may just want to check you do before you buy) H and M did great value jackets such as this or this or maybe this. There isn't really a place for the likes of Boden in a school cloakroom/playground unless you have money to burn. Also practicality of whether she can do it up herself may influence your ultimate chocie.

RoundOrangeHead Fri 02-Sep-11 10:38:31

nice duffle in Asda!

direct.asda.com/george/school-uniform/pink-duffle-coat/GEM70720,default,pd.html

carriedababi Fri 02-Sep-11 10:41:31

thanks for the reply liz, we did look in h and m the other week, they had a hello kitty puffer, but it didn't fit right so couldn't get it.
i'll try debenhams this afternoon.

onelily Fri 02-Sep-11 11:15:41

try this one its much more cheaper than the boden one. And for the voucher use it for an item worth more than it.

accessorizequeen Fri 02-Sep-11 11:29:45

I see plenty of Boden coats at school, but just wonder about the durability of them these days. Have seen nice pink ones in Zara and M&S recently but had already got a pink gap one for DD from a seller here. Muddy puddles I think do an a line waterproof one in pink which might work?

applecrumbleandcream Fri 02-Sep-11 11:32:58

I know it's not pink, but I have bought my dd this for school from M&S and it is really lovely, lightly padded for this inbetween weather and a really nice bright colour.

There is also this one and also this one which are both pink and look really nice.

seeker Fri 02-Sep-11 11:36:46

My dd had a Boden coat when she was 6 that is still going strong 9 years later- it's been handed down 5 times!

going Fri 02-Sep-11 11:37:46

www.johnlewis.com/214761/Product.aspx is a really comfy long lasting coat. I bought the pruple oe for my older daughter 2 years ago, her sister is going to wear it this year - really recommend.

accessorizequeen Fri 02-Sep-11 11:51:59

Seeker, I meant that the quality seems to have gone down this year, has been a couple of threads about it. I sent back 3 coats that I ordered for the dc and other people have too.

carriedababi Fri 02-Sep-11 11:53:29

well dd has a boden coat from last year that still fits, but i stupidly did promise her apink one when she started school, and although i won;t make that silly promise again, i do like to stick to what i promise.
so i will endevor to find her a nice pink coat.

so thought if i got her a pink one, she would have a spare then, how many coats do children normally have anyway? is it normal to have a spare?

thanks for the suggestions i will look at the links.
and go in the shops, i rather like that asda one, but worry it might be a bit formal for a 4 year old and maybe a bit too long that will hinder dd climbing etc in the playground

onelily Fri 02-Sep-11 12:09:13

i guess size will be a problem..but its not formal at all..its quite comfy, i feel

carriedababi Fri 02-Sep-11 12:18:49

as long as it doesn't restrict her climbing etc, guess it doesn't really matter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now