Talk

Advanced search

Help - need some advice about a wedding outfit please

(7 Posts)
Rugbylovingmum Thu 01-Sep-11 20:59:34

Hi,

I am going to a wedding next weekend and I'm really struggling to find an outfit. I am a size 18 with quite a big tummy and I have tried an about 30 dresses but haven't liked any of them. Then today I found a dress I love in the sale in Hobbs but I'm not sure it's suitable for a wedding - a bit dark and the wrong material - but maybe with the right accessories it would be fine confused. It is a bit old church and it's meant to be a cold weekend so I can prob get away with a wintery dress??? It's this one. What do you think - can I wear it and which shoes/bag etc would you go for.

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Thu 01-Sep-11 21:28:00

ooo yes i like! some vibrant purple accessories will be fine (purple shoes??!!)

Rugbylovingmum Fri 02-Sep-11 10:48:05

Thanks Ilovebagsandbruuuce! I am rubbish with mixing and matching colours so I wasn't sure what colour shoes to go for. Purple sounds good and would brighten the dress up but how closely do I need to match the shoe colour to the dress?

whojimmyflip Fri 02-Sep-11 11:01:41

I think it's a beautiful dress and will last a long time. I think black shoes and maybe a touch of purple here and there - necklace or bracelet. Not both. I don't think you have to have purple but it would be a nice touch. Otherwise just simple jewellery and purple nails!

Rugbylovingmum Fri 02-Sep-11 11:07:36

Thanks whojimmyflip, I don't usually shop in Hobbs as they often don't go up to a size 18 in the store in my local designer outlet but popped in out of desperation and was really pleased with my find. It's such a lovely cut, it feels fabulous on smile.

I have a lovely purple bracelet that should go with it then I can wear my favourite black heels. Thanks again for the advice!

onelily Fri 02-Sep-11 11:26:51

TO be honest, i didn't like the dress a lot. But if you are wearing it.try on these shoes also some sort of drop earrings would go

whojimmyflip Fri 02-Sep-11 13:14:38

I love it when you find something you love - good spot. Sounds like you've got it nailed! Enjoy the wedding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now