Talk

Advanced search

Would these boots be a crazy frivolous waste of money and could I do better for less?

(18 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Thu 01-Sep-11 18:05:03

these jigsaw boots

I want a pair of long tan boots that I can wear with skirts/dresses.

Absolutely don't have to be cowboy

cornsilksi Thu 01-Sep-11 18:06:25

they are lovely
someone linked a gorgeous tan pair from somewhere else recently...that shop that MN raves over each year...

cyb Thu 01-Sep-11 18:17:26

Hmm I would worry they would get FILTHY

Pinkflipflop Thu 01-Sep-11 18:19:01

these any better

verytellytubby Thu 01-Sep-11 18:32:49

Love love love the second pair

madammecholet Thu 01-Sep-11 18:44:17

Love first pair.....but here are some cheaper tall cowboy boots..

debenhams

Jonak

Fly

Levi

countrylassie Thu 01-Sep-11 18:45:07

My theory about cowboy boots is that they suit nobody- unless you are going to a rodeo, linedancing lessons or your dh is a cowboy. I would especially not pay 'that' price for cowboy boots. However.....your second choice of footwear is wonderful. Those boots are a lovely colour and would go with anything! Only thing I would beware of is fitting. Now I don't know what shape, size etc you are but if your calves happen to be on the bigger side, through fat or muscle then you 'may' have problem with those boots. I have quite a big calves and although they don't 'look' big generally...i find it very difficult to get knee high boots that fit. Great boots though! smile

madammecholet Thu 01-Sep-11 18:48:43

I disagree, I think cowboy boots can look very lovely both with skirts/dresses or jeans. The Jigsaw ones are very toned down too which in my opinion makes them genius.

Yeeehaaaa!

meltedchocolate Thu 01-Sep-11 20:24:18

I have to disagree with all of what CL said. The first boots are gorgeous and would look great with many things. Also the second pair seem to have a decent size calf. They look too big in that way for me anyway.

FlabbyGleek Thu 01-Sep-11 21:20:33

Sorry - I can't do a link as I'm on an iPod but have you looked at Frye boots?

The Pioneer Woman - fab blogger - wears the tall campus style I think and they could be suitable?

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 01-Sep-11 21:29:22

Oh I love those jigsaw boots and in my dreams would wear them with pretty dresses and bare legs.

Then would realise that I am not Olivia Palermo and buy dull black boots instead.

partyhats Thu 01-Sep-11 21:59:30

I love the first pair, they are gorgeous, on trend but not too obvious but I think they would look better with skirts and dresses rather than jeans.

Pinkflipflop Thu 01-Sep-11 22:06:17

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh you are all tempting me to go for the first pair! They only have my size or a 4 left - is it a sign??

piratecat Thu 01-Sep-11 22:11:09

Frye boots are lush. i want them.

notlettingthefearshow Thu 01-Sep-11 22:18:20

They are gorgeous! They are kind of expensive so it would be good to shop around and be realistic about how much you would wear them.

I would pay that much for a pair of boots I loved. I have a foot condition and am pretty much limited to thick-soled trainers!

GreatNorksOfFire Thu 01-Sep-11 23:46:13

OhH I have just ordered these from Zalando. They seem to be on the same line as the ones you have linked to.

GreatNorksOfFire Thu 01-Sep-11 23:48:06

these are nice too but they didn't have my size.

I really like the look of the leather in your first pair though.

LiveYourBestLife Fri 02-Sep-11 00:54:36

Boot MOT v.important. Be sure to stuff ur boots with plenty of socks when not in use to reduce the creases. Worn heels and unfashionable scuffs are not a good look either. I'm sure u could delegate boot polishing to your kids as a chore. Just make sure the boot polish is neutral or matching. Keep away from heat and pets too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now