Talk

Advanced search

cleansing products recommendations for DS

(12 Posts)
PandaG Thu 01-Sep-11 18:01:38

DS is 11.7. The skin on his forehead is just starting to break out into the odd spot. Any suggestions for a mild facewash or cleanser for him that will help his skin but not be girly?

TIA

PandaG Sat 03-Sep-11 18:05:28

bump?

bubble2bubble Sat 03-Sep-11 18:37:48

this is good.
Not too harsh on young skin but works really well and not too girly looking

PandaG Sat 03-Sep-11 19:12:10

thanks for the recommendation, to be honest that is a bit more expensive than I was expecting. Anyone got any more budget alternatives?

PlumSykes Sat 03-Sep-11 20:27:40

Nivea for Men do a few face washes for around £3. Main thing is for him to keep skin clean, at the moment, I'd think.

Poodlehorse Sun 04-Sep-11 01:09:31

this i would recommend for being thorough but gentle, not girlie in the sligtest and not too dear. I buy mine by the vat from Costco. You don't want to fall into the trap of buying something too strong that will strip the skin and trigger overproduction of oil, ie like I did when I was younger.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 04-Sep-11 01:20:28

What about just putting a few drops of tea tree oil in his washing water? Don't use soap at all, just fill sink half full with fairly hot water and add few drops. Soak flannel in it and wash face, then pat dry with clean towel. He can use oil straight from bottle to dab onto individual spots when they break out.

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Sep-11 08:35:58

Liz Earle. Without question.

KaraToytown Sun 04-Sep-11 09:27:45

Witch face wash worked for my DS at that age.

PandaG Tue 06-Sep-11 10:31:02

thanks very much for all your suggestions. smile

Chocchip88 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:19:38

Clean and Clear exfoliating daily wash is good. It doesn't look very girly and has a kind of masculine smell to it. Also usually on offer!

miche8 Tue 06-Sep-11 12:10:12

i was going to suggest liz earl too, they do a mens one not sure if its the same product and manly packaging, you can buy trial sizes. Don't use those harsh oil stripping acne products, thats the mistake i made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now