Talk

Advanced search

flicky fringe

(4 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 01-Sep-11 14:05:26

i want a flicky fringe, like an old fashioned wedge fringe (don't mock) what can i ask for? i'm sure my 21 year old hairdresser wouldn't have heard of a wedge grin but i really want a flicky new romantic fringe like i did in 1984 grin

MissBeehiving Thu 01-Sep-11 16:49:37

I had one of those grin I remember welding it down in the school loos with copious amounts of hairspray, along with the rest of the school. You couldn't breathe for that and Impulse.

Side swept mebbe?

meltedchocolate Thu 01-Sep-11 20:27:24

A thick side fringe

Havingkittens Fri 02-Sep-11 10:45:07

Best idea is to take her in some pictures. That way there is no risk of misinterpretation or her simply looking blankly at you.

Do you have any photos of yourself from back then? Alternatively you could do a Google Images search for some of the bands/singers who had the hairstyle you're looking for. I can't think off the top of my head of any girls, apart from maybe the girls in The Human League who had that hairdo. What about David Sylvian? Is that the sort of hair you want? A couple of modern references, which you may find in a current fashion mag are the Louis Vuitton SS11 handbags campaign (would be in a pre September mag) www.ftape.com/media/?p=16084 and YSL AW11 Campaign www.ysl.com/default/ or www.ftape.com/media/?p=25239

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now