Talk

Advanced search

Lovely nude nail polish

(15 Posts)
MissBeehiving Wed 31-Aug-11 18:49:30

I saw this on someone I work with and it looked great, so I've been wearing it and it really is a lovely colour and easy to apply. smile

Ooh, always on the lookout for a decent nude blush. Is it opaque on or can you still see the whites of your nails through it?

I've been very pleased with the one on the front of Marie Claire last month

MissBeehiving Wed 31-Aug-11 19:52:53

Definately opaque - good even after one coat.

The Marie Claire one is translucent, looks very natural but smart and polished. I haven't got an opaque one....

MissBeehiving Wed 31-Aug-11 20:02:59

I wanted the MC one but they only had the aubergine one left. Nice on toes tho smile

mrsravelstein Wed 31-Aug-11 20:05:05

ooh that looks nice, i've been looking for one for flippin years that isn't too transparent

HallnotOates Wed 31-Aug-11 20:05:47

looks a bit prosthetic
i had a great one from OPI last year - sludge colour everyone loved

I've already got one very similar to that so couldn't justify it! Have been looking at the No 7 ones today as I have got a £5 voucher, but can't decide!

MissBeehiving Wed 31-Aug-11 20:10:44

What was the OPI one?

HallnotOates Wed 31-Aug-11 21:44:45

You don't know Jacques. Stocked in John Lewis.
That and orly hot shot are my mostt admired shades.

I love putty coloured nail varnish! I've got a lovely one called 'Beanie' or somesuch which is sort of pebble coloured. The marie Claire one is nice but v light; I prefer opaque. Revlon do a light one called something like Grey Suede which is another nice sort of 'dead fingers coloured' one.

magicmelons Wed 31-Aug-11 21:51:57

I love Butter Londons yummy mummy ( horrible name though) you can see it
here

They have other lovely neutrals here

MissBeehiving Wed 31-Aug-11 21:59:13

OPI one looks interesting - the MO one is a simliar tone but lighter in colour IYKWIM?

Now, that Orly one... I have been tempted for a while but am slightly scarred by a reaction someone had to my mint green varnish. So, do people admire it in a "Gosh, how lovely" or a "fuck, that's burnt my eyeballs off" way?

brighthair Wed 31-Aug-11 22:41:22

I have this, which I adore

www.lipglossiping.com/2010/07/barielle-shades-belly-dance-notd/

HallnotOates Thu 01-Sep-11 01:52:26

People want to buy it. They ask where. On my twitter feed it on my photos. Take a look. Ossom on toes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now