Talk

Advanced search

£7.00 Challenge

(15 Posts)
Tinkerisdead Wed 31-Aug-11 17:16:51

Help. I've never posted in this section before but I need to find a gift for a real fashionista for around £7.00 ish. I'm truly on a tight budget and so could push to a tenner maybe.

Is anyone up for a challenge and find a suitably stylish gift for such peanuts? The recipient is 43, really glam, no stranger to spike heels, high fashion tights etc. She wears mostly tiffany or dior jewellery.

In the past I have got her flash beauty balm, silver earrings, a funky wide belt from ASOS and handbags. All have gone down well but this time the budget is far tighter. She only wears mascara and eyeliner in terms of makeup. I'm asking the impossible for £7.00 arent i?

gregssausageroll Wed 31-Aug-11 17:58:24

Ebay? may be a nice L'occitanne handcream?

Tinkerisdead Wed 31-Aug-11 17:59:53

yes thats a good one!

omydarlin Wed 31-Aug-11 18:08:00

Aspinal of London have an ebay outlet look here

seconds though

ditavonteesed Wed 31-Aug-11 18:09:58

I second l'occitanne handcream, dh bought me some when i had to bin mine in duty free, nicest hand cream i have ever had.

madammecholet Wed 31-Aug-11 18:15:09

Or a Essie nail polish, about a tenner though.

OllieinOrange Wed 31-Aug-11 18:23:36

I'óccitanne handcream is a great idea. Or if you can't get hold of some, Paperchase has nice gifts for under a tenner eg a hardback notebook or one of their nice mugs (that come in a box) here, makeup bag, sunglasses case etc etc
(Not very S&B/fashionista-like suggestions tho...)

warmandwooly Thu 01-Sep-11 08:39:03

TK Maxx- they have a clearance section for beauty as well as accessroes etc. You might find a nice set of nail varnishes, scarf or whatnot.

PlumSykes Thu 01-Sep-11 08:59:33

What about getting her a plant? M&S have lovely orchids, or you could get a lavender in a nice terracotta pot, and tie a luxe piece of ribbon round it. I'm quite a 'fashiony' type, but I buy things like nail varnish/hand cream etc myself, so would find something like that really thoughtful.

Alternatively, a book? The Book People have some great deals on recipe books if she's a foodie, (This one by Rick Stein looks good), or you could find a biography of someone she admires.Coco Chanel, perhaps?

MoreSenseThanMoney Thu 01-Sep-11 09:36:16

I second TK Maxx - I bought lots of lovely Occo products in the clearance last week: a candle for £7 (retails in John Lewis for £35) and body oil and body scrub for £4 each.

I've seen Occo products featured in Elle so I think they're suitably stylish! I'm sure you'll find lots of great options in the beauty section of TK Maxx.

onelily Thu 01-Sep-11 10:29:07

i recently bought this one or some nice scenetd candles, since its a very tight budget u can give her some vouchers as she can spend on whatever she likes

louloubellamozzarella Thu 01-Sep-11 12:45:02

ASOS has some good sale deals in its beauty section.

Paul&Joe nail trio pack £8.75

You could also search its main beauty section by price -there's eye palettes and make up bags from nice brands for £10 and under.

Free delivery too!

louloubellamozzarella Thu 01-Sep-11 12:47:40

If she only wears mascara and eyeliner for makeup, these heated eyelash curlers could be worth thinking about?

warmandwooly Thu 01-Sep-11 12:58:29

In the name of research i made a quick(i was dying for the loo) stop in to my TK Maxx and they had some ELF eyeshadow palettes ( must have been about 12 shades) for four ninety nine.

Tinkerisdead Thu 01-Sep-11 15:12:25

Thank you some great ideas. Off to have a look. Forget about elf makeup they have some good kits I recall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now