Talk

Advanced search

What to put with this dress for a wedding?

(9 Posts)
BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 10:53:08

I'm kind of a bridesmaid at a wedding in November. The bride has asked that I wear blue - on the spectrum of navy to royal blue. I've bought this dress and want to get a large wrap to go with it. I also need heels and a hat... and I want a 'wow' hat.

Any suggestions? I tried a bolero and a jacket with the dress but it didn't go - it needs to be something which can drape to echo the draping on the dress, IYSWIM.

I can't decide which other colour to put with it - grey, fushia pink, or something else. Any help gratefully received!

worldgonecrazy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:00:53

I would not wear a 'wow' hat with that dress, something simple and elegant would accent the wowness of the dress.

PlumSykes Wed 31-Aug-11 11:02:02

This hat is tremendous. I would wear with a snake heel, and carry a pewter clutch.

Not sure about a wrap, I never am. I think, given that it's in November, I'd be inclined to wear a proper coat for the cold , outside bits, and go bare-armed inside.

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:06:06

So nothing like this?

I was hoping for more of a traditional hat, more like this but not that colour.

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:09:31

Those shoes are divine, Plum!

The thing is, I don't wear navy. It's not my sort of colour. I was hoping to get away without wearing a coat. A large wrap is much more my sort of thing.

PlumSykes Wed 31-Aug-11 11:57:32

How about a grey leopard shawl, with plain pewter shoes, then. That sort of hat is a bit 'mother-of-the-bride', I think.

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 12:42:30

The wrap is bought!! it's lovely. Thank you! Now just to find some shoes.

Brilliant, should I get the fascinator I linked to in gray as well?

PlumSykes Wed 31-Aug-11 13:45:11

Do you a link to it in grey?

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 14:23:54

I don't, I'll have to have a hunt, but I'm definitely going along the grey lines now - thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now