Talk

Advanced search

Hot stone massage or Indian head massage - anyone had one?

(19 Posts)
SevenAgainstThebes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:33:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

izzybizzybuzzybees Wed 31-Aug-11 10:36:04

hi,

If your not into the hands/legs/feet etc then i would go for the hot stones annd indian head deal. The hot stones part will deal wiyh painful neck and shoulders and the indian head massage is blissfully relaxing. I love them! HTH

SevenAgainstThebes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:37:57

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 31-Aug-11 10:39:50

I'd go for the first offer. It sounds heavenly!
top tip for head massage - when you want to wash the oil out, massage the shampoo into your hair before you wet it then add water wash and rewash.

potbellyqueen Wed 31-Aug-11 10:41:47

When I had a hot stone massage the stones were indeed very bloody hot, I was convinced I was going to burnt and blistered, but within a minute or so they feel just fine, a bit like getting in a really hot bath and adjusting to the temperature. It is really lovely and relaxing once you get over the initial fear of third degree burns.

aquos Wed 31-Aug-11 10:42:44

I've had a couple of Indian head massages and loved them. But they have given me banging headaches for 2-3 days afterwards and I am not normally a headache prone person. Sadly I now avoid them. I'd have to choose the Swedish massage.

SevenAgainstThebes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:54:41

izzybizzybuzzybees Wed 31-Aug-11 10:55:42

The stones are very hot but you adjust quickly as potbellyqueen says re baths. I love them!

PlumSykes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:55:59

Hot stone massage is lovely, and agree that having arm/leg massage is a bit pointless.

virgiltracey Wed 31-Aug-11 10:57:27

DH bought me a hot stone massae once as a pressie. I have to say I thought WTF. Went in very sceptical and came out a complet convert. It was lovely and the effects lasted far longer than a normal massage.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 31-Aug-11 10:57:53

grin Seven, when yo put it like that.....

bertiecat Wed 31-Aug-11 10:58:52

Go for hot stone and indian head. btw, WHERE's the offer, its ridiculously cheap!!!

Graciescotland Wed 31-Aug-11 11:06:06

I love hot stone massages.

ScarletLady01 Wed 31-Aug-11 11:38:06

I've had a hot and cold stone massage. It was AMAZING! I'd definitely recommend it. I react quite badly to high temperatures (I get heat hives etc) but the hot stones were fine on me.

CMOTdibbler Wed 31-Aug-11 11:41:54

The best massage I have ever had was a hot stone one. Twas blissful

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 31-Aug-11 18:09:11

one would be bliss right now! Where on earth have you got a deal like that? (dont say if its a local only thing!) It inspired me to look for something local and I can't find anything that isnt either £££ or somewhere that looks a bit dodgy.

auroraday Wed 31-Aug-11 22:22:34

Find hot stones a bit gimmicky now - am over them TBH. Swedish massage, firm pressure for me smile (although a good head massage is totally ace, so tricky one)

SevenAgainstThebes Thu 01-Sep-11 22:33:17

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 02-Sep-11 09:02:57

thanks Seven smile I'll keep my eye out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now