Talk

Advanced search

Does botox cause MORE wrinkles?!

(2 Posts)
wannabefree Tue 30-Aug-11 21:15:34

I had botox for the first time about six months ago. I had a small amount injected as all I had was one crease that was starting to remain when my forehead was relaxed. I quite liked the effect of the botox, but thought I wouldn't bother with it again once it wore off.

After three months, as the botox wore off I suddenly noticed lines at the corners of my eyes when I smiled. I had never noticed them before, and they gave me the shock of my life! I ran back to my botox practitioner to get a top-up.

It is now three months after my second injection and those bloody creases at the corners of my eyes are back when I smile. I also notice some creases under my eyes that I have never noticed before.

It could be:

1) I had these lines before I ever got botox, but didn't notice them.
2) They have appeared in the last 6 months and would have done botox or no botox
3) As the botox is wearing off it's causing my skin to look funny- they're not wrinkles as in lines, but more where the skin is folding in a weird way.
4)Botox has GIVEN me wrinkles!

Has anybody noticed anything like this?

I just want the botox to wear off now, and I'm not going to get it again, because its so tempting to keep doing it, and there has to come a point where you stop I suppose!

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Aug-11 21:23:15

I love botox - get frown lines done and its brilliant.

I suspect you're just examining your face more and noticing other wrinkles more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now