Talk

Advanced search

Had my first session of IPL for Rosacea today and it was...

(5 Posts)
peterpie Tue 30-Aug-11 20:23:07

...absolutely fine and over and done with in a jiffy smile

Yes it was slightly uncomfortable and I did flinch as it was done (a kind of uncontrollable reaction) but it was most definitely bearable. I had my cheeks and chin done and although it left me extra red afterwards it has calmed right down now.

I really hope the results are good, apparently it could be a few weeks until I´ll see any difference. I have another session booked for October.

The point of my post is just to say that if you are thinking of having it done then my advice is to "go for it"!!!

wideawakenurse Tue 30-Aug-11 20:31:29

Peterpie, glad to hear it was quick and not too painful.

I would be really grateful if you could keep updating as I am really interested in IPL for rosacea too.

I am pregnant at the moment, but am seriously considering next year.

EttiKetti Wed 31-Aug-11 07:06:40

Oooh very interested, my nose looks bruised its so bad. Is it expensive and any idea how many sessions are required?

MrsRobertDuvall Wed 31-Aug-11 08:27:17

I had my 3rd session on Saturday and one area really hurt......face was a bit swollen for 48 hours but all back to normal now.
I have 3 more booked.....mine are for a few red veins. Definitely working.
I think it's the bright light which makes it seem worse...so close to eyes. I've had my legs/bikini lasered this year and didn't feel it at all.

WayneKerr Wed 31-Aug-11 11:05:48

ooh yes, please keep us updated. And details of prices, too. I am so tempted to have it done, but a bit skint. If it really really works, though, will go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now