Talk

Advanced search

What boots are good in snow?

(22 Posts)
littlebearsmummy Tue 30-Aug-11 20:04:58

What boots (not wellies) do people have that are good in the snow please? I'm really bad at walking in the snow/ice and want to prepare this year just in case we have another winter of bad weather!!

crazyspaniel Tue 30-Aug-11 20:47:52

I've been looking at these boots from Merrell: www.schuh.co.uk/womens-brown-merrell-oslo/1902276020/
The reviews seem positive.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 30-Aug-11 21:00:18

I've bought ladies and childrens snow boots from Trespass this year.
Not had their footwear before but had the jackets and they are really nice.

They had a special offer about a month ago.
1 pair for DS, DD and myself each. Less than £55 all in . Free P&P promotion. Arrived next day.

Looking forward to wearing them.

Love my wellies but they are so flipping cold

fluffles Tue 30-Aug-11 21:03:18

i've got those merrell boots, live in edinburgh, walked 2miles to and same back from work every day last winter through the snow.

they're great. but VERY warm, and hard to wear when it's not actually that cold so can only be worn in nov/dec/jan/feb here.

crazyspaniel Tue 30-Aug-11 21:15:43

Oh great fluffles - it's good to hear from someone who has them (I'm always a bit suspicious of reviews on shop website). I think I may have to invest in a pair.

beanandspud Tue 30-Aug-11 23:35:17

Another vote for Merrell. I had these last year and plan on getting another Merrell pair. Even with all the snow they were great - and I had warm, dry feet.

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:25:20

I have Dublins like www.dublinclothing.co.uk/dublin-river-boots.html these - I love them! Toasty warm and dry toes. Hose off really easily too. I'm not really horsy and neither are most of the people I know who have them, so don't be put off by the site. I think you can get them off Amazon too.

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:25:40

oops, sorry, link went wrong!

EustaciaVye Wed 31-Aug-11 11:29:23

Next had some snow boots for about £50 last winter. I lived in them.

lucykate Wed 31-Aug-11 11:39:54

the only thing i can walk in over snow and ice is proper walking boots, mine are really old now, can't even remember the brand.

smugmumofboys Wed 31-Aug-11 11:42:53

I have the Merrell Oslo boots and love them. Really warm and dry feet.

My friend has the Yarras and rates them very highly too.

duckyfuzz Wed 31-Aug-11 11:47:33

hoping these will be

crazyspaniel Wed 31-Aug-11 15:05:26

Those of you that have Merrells - what is the sizing like, please? I sometimes take a 7 and sometimes an 8, so am not sure which to order.

I bought a pair of the Yarra last year and I love them. I cannot wait to be able to wear them again this year <saddo>

crazy - I'm a size 5 and I order a 5.5 from Merrell. I've done it with my boots, and with summer walking shoes so their sizing seems consistent across their range.

cakeoholic Wed 31-Aug-11 22:41:22

I'm joining the merrell bandwagon, I bought oslos last year and they are the best £100 i've ever spent, worth double it and then some, I've been recommending them to everyone ever since

netbook Wed 31-Aug-11 22:58:45

Merrell are a bit ££ for me. I'm thinking of these from [whispers] Landsend.

I keep looking at them anbd have a discount code

MmeLindor. Wed 31-Aug-11 23:03:52

These uggs are the best, most comfortable, cosiest boots I have ever worn.

They are £££ but totally worth every penny.

follyfoot Wed 31-Aug-11 23:10:50

I think Landsend down jackets and snow boots are allowed netbook grin

thehairybabysmum Wed 31-Aug-11 23:18:03

I have some Fly boots, think they are Mol,the sole is lots of little rubber circles and they are amazing in snow and ice. I can properly stride in them rather than flail about like bambi! Walked 2 miles to work pulling ds2 in a sledge in them last winter for 3 weeks whilst it was too dodgy to cycle!

They are just normal boots though so may not be as toasty as others mentioned here?

thehairybabysmum Wed 31-Aug-11 23:18:56

You can also get some clip on ice grip things that I have heard are good. Try googling.

EustaciaVye Thu 01-Sep-11 08:52:10

A few here for various budgets

crazyspaniel Thu 01-Sep-11 11:31:11

Thanks Alibaba, looks like I'll need the 8 then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now