Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Brown leather bag with black boots/shoes?

(5 Posts)
BobblyGussets Tue 30-Aug-11 18:23:12

Just a quick canvas of opinion please: would you tote a brown leather bag (it's in White Stuff now at £65) with black shoes? I want the bag, but I hardly ever wear brown, shoes or otherwise.

Rassy Tue 30-Aug-11 20:32:33

Of course! I dislike the 'matchy matchy' look - I think it is aging and very mother of the bride. My bag is always a different colour to my shoes grin

Emo76 Tue 30-Aug-11 20:44:31

not sure not sure. I agree to an extent with rassy re matchy, matchy especially with pastels but slightly depends on rest out outfit. probably works!

SilveryMoon Tue 30-Aug-11 20:47:53

Hhmmm. I don't think I would. I like to have a brown bag with brown shoes, but think it would depend on the outfit, what colour trousers/jeans your wearing and what jacket, but generally I like a brown bag with brown shoes

LordOfTheFlies Tue 30-Aug-11 21:20:38

Oooh ,that's me, ageing mother of the bride grin. Not quite: my DD is 9 yo, so I've a way to go.

Brown + brown. Black+black for me and no other way.

But then I don't mix gold and silver...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: