Talk

Advanced search

Please can somebody help me... Why do all of my trousers fall down, is my bum or belly too big or what????

(14 Posts)
humptydidit Tue 30-Aug-11 17:48:27

this has always been my problem for years sad

I have got a sticky outy sort of a bum and a bit of a overhang tummy, which is now worse after 3 kids... It seems like they fit perfect then after I start walking around my tummy kinda flops out and then they fall down over my bum.

Where am I going wrong? Is it the wrong style of trousers or what? wierdly it is more of a problem with trousers than skirts?

Please help!!

plipplops Tue 30-Aug-11 18:10:41

My trousers always gape at the back as my thighs are too big for my waist, so to fit my oversize legs I need a bigger size which is too big at the waist. It sounds really obvious but not I wear a belt (blush for being so thick). I never used to wear one as I felt it made my tummy look too chunky but it really does help my trousers stay up! Sorry if that's a completely stupid and obvious reply though???

talkingnonsense Tue 30-Aug-11 18:13:52

I have the same problem and I don't know the answer! I expect we need proper on te real waist jeans, which probably aren't even made anymore. I also wear a belt but it pulls on the buckle cos I need it tight and then it looks crappy. On another thread someone was complaining all jeans are for apple shapes, an tonne they all seem to fit pears! Perhaps the answer is in expensive brands?

humptydidit Tue 30-Aug-11 18:28:04

well jeans are definately the worst culprits, but happens with all trousers apart from the ones with the really high waist you tuck your bra into.. is that the way to go???

TBH haven't tried a belt blush maybe I should... sounds pathetic but don't like the buckle digging into my tummy tho blush blush

ticklebumpkin Tue 30-Aug-11 19:05:44

I get this. I've always thought it's because I'm apple shaped - I have no hipos to stop my jeans sliding down.

I think it's got worse since having DC as the overhang helps to force them down blush I have to wear a belt now.

ticklebumpkin Tue 30-Aug-11 19:05:53

No hips sorry!

humptydidit Tue 30-Aug-11 19:45:42

I got no hips either but close to hippo proportions it feels like sometimes!!!

bran Tue 30-Aug-11 19:53:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

talkingnonsense Tue 30-Aug-11 20:02:36

I kid you not bran, I may go and buy some braces. Could I wear them under my tops? I'm not pear shaped, but my hips are bigger than my waist, so I shouldn't really have so much trouble.

ticklebumpkin Tue 30-Aug-11 20:19:36

I bought braces when I was pregnant to keep my maternity jeans up!

They were awful! Pinged off at the back every time I bent over!

cyb Tue 30-Aug-11 20:21:37

Are you sure you are buying the right size? You might need to size down

talkingnonsense Tue 30-Aug-11 20:29:53

I've tried a 12 but tend to roll all the more out the top. I really think I need a rise almost to my belly button, but I don't want mom jeans!

used2bthin Tue 30-Aug-11 20:43:13

I have exactly this problem and even when I was thin jeans fell down. No idea what its from but I have to wear a belt with everything other wise I get that unflattering trousers/jeans slipping down look that makes me hips look even bigger! It even happens with leggings.

humptydidit Tue 30-Aug-11 22:11:05

sad for all fellow sufferers!!

I am on a diet. Lost a stone so far and just managed to get back in these jeans, they were too tight to do up before, and to start with they are fine, then as soon as I start walking around, the belly pops out and then they fall down.

My belly is bigger than my waist, but I guess I must be an apple shape... off to research apple shape trousers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now