Talk

Advanced search

Work jackets for size 32G busted lady?? Single breasted surely?

(9 Posts)
virgo1979 Tue 30-Aug-11 17:22:11

Hi, returning to work soon after 15 months off, professional environment, am client facing 90% of the time, am size 12/14 top, size 14 bottom, 5'5" (but always wear heels -makes a difference!). Have just tried on couple of my old jackets (some are suit jackets, others just jackets) and they just dont look right?! They still fit, they are all single breasted (was 34DD before baby, am still same dress size as before). Some are cropped jackets, others bit longer, from various stores eg M&S, Warehouse, Reiss so dont know what the problem is?

Anyway, any suggestions for some nice work jackets that I can mix with skirts and trousers? Am I right in looking at single breasted jackets (I never do buttons up anyway but my current ones still look daft with them open. Dont want to spend lots and lots but if it is something that is versatile and looks good then willing to spend ££.

TIA

Emo76 Tue 30-Aug-11 20:47:30

how about a drapey jacket with a fitted top underneath - there are quite a few in the shops at the moment, I am bigger up top and love them - I don't feel boxed in!

MrsTittleMouse Tue 30-Aug-11 20:52:10

This might be a bit ££ (not sure what your definition is, it certainly would be for me!), but it would be cut to fit your 32Gs and you would be about to actually do it up. shockgrin

www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/coats/jackets/classic-blazer/black/ap06bl/?show=16&sort=1

Waswondering Tue 30-Aug-11 20:55:25

Am similarly endowed and have to go with single breasted jackets. Double doesn't work at all!

I wear tops and long (nice) cardigans to work, though don't need to be mega high powered dressing.

Good luck.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 30-Aug-11 20:58:28

This is in the sale for £33 if that helps.

HeavyHeidi Tue 30-Aug-11 20:58:29

I am big busted too and personally do not wear cropped ones - make me boxy and draw attention to wrong places. single breasted, one button and the button has to be low.
something like
this

or

this

GreyTS Tue 30-Aug-11 21:18:02

I bought a gorgeous navy blazer in Sisley this summer, fits my 32f chest perfectly - is single breasted with 3 buttons but the buttons are low so skim boobs in a v flattering way. Also cut is very neat and slim so you can size up to fit chest without losing the shape of the blazer. I know they are doing on the same blazer for aw but can't help with search or links right now as on phone- website is sisley.com

virgo1979 Tue 30-Aug-11 22:00:59

oh thanks all for your replies. Like the M&S stuff, might order to my local (small) store so I can try on. With the Bravissimo I will try and get to a store so I can try on a few. Really only need a couple of jackets as have lots of tops, scarves accessories that I change the look with. I do also wear long cardigans in the office, mainly because I am always cold!

virgo1979 Tue 30-Aug-11 22:12:04

Just noticed that M&S have 20% off lots of their work clothes - bonus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now