Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a bag that will last!

(24 Posts)
PercyPigPie Mon 29-Aug-11 21:37:06

following on from this (long - only read if you are bored!) can anyone recommend a nice, big (40cm x 30cm) leather bag with handle to go over my shoulder with room for winter coat?

Tamdin Mon 29-Aug-11 21:48:25

Hi mud. Am not sure on sizing but I have two mimco bags on the go at the minute and both have proven to be very durable. The one I use the most has been over loaded with wallet, makeup bag, nappies, wipes, phone etc etc and still looks good (a bit worn in but in a good way)
To me mimco bags are mid price but stylish.
I have a couple of mulberry bags too but they are different price point and a bit heavy with all the crap I want to carry around grin

PercyPigPie Mon 29-Aug-11 21:56:59

Thanks smile will have a look.

madammecholet Tue 30-Aug-11 16:08:16

I've bought a few from here, Lucia & Mariella Peony&Moore, plus look at red direct and also maybe the pippa bag at modalu

PercyPigPie Tue 30-Aug-11 20:23:49

Thanks Madamme - I like the look of those.

madammecholet Tue 30-Aug-11 22:39:11

tbh mudandmayhem if you buy a good quality leather bag, and that does not mean spending £250+ it should last longer than yours did. I hope you took them both back and complained?

I always think if you spend over £100 you expect it to last more than a season or 3!

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 00:15:27

Yes, have agreed refunds on all 3, but am out of pocket (about £20) on the return of two of them. Still disputing one of them (Blondie Mania - who just claim I put too much stuff in it despite the fact I weighed the contents of the bag before using it as I spotted a weight limit on the label). Grrrrr.

PerryCombover Wed 31-Aug-11 00:40:52

according to all the eco warriors plastic bags last

have you considered a plastic bag?

Ambernj1 Wed 31-Aug-11 08:59:56

Actually don't rate the Pippa in terms of quality - the leather on mine started to discolour v quickly - it got ebayed. Reckon P&M a good bet or if you can stretch a nice Mulberry, last forever if you take care of them...

warmandwooly Wed 31-Aug-11 09:30:07

Don't know about measurements but you could check out TKMaxx online. They have att designer section-might mean your money goes further. What about Anya Hindmarch? I have a few of her blue label bags and att leather bag-plus she has an outlet at Bicester as does Mulberry. If you choose a staple size you could try them.

bertiecat Wed 31-Aug-11 10:53:12

Peony & moore are really good quality and lovely soft leather. I've also bought from NotOnTheHighStreet too.

Would love a Mulberry but too many ££££ for me sad

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 11:39:17

Perry I have considered a plastic bag - in fact my DC suggested a Tesco carrier ...

madammecholet Wed 31-Aug-11 16:18:14

mud if you need it - £20 off bags today at peony & moore, had email with code 'cheermeup' last week...

altho, I also like plastic bags. Ocado extra large double strength ones for me though..gringrin

doglover Wed 31-Aug-11 16:27:50

O.S.P. Osprey bags are gorgeous.

madammecholet Wed 31-Aug-11 16:30:24

doglover the OP is having a nightmare with Osprey...see the thread she linked to...

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 18:18:22

grin

warmandwooly Wed 31-Aug-11 18:38:05

What about Oushka bags. http://www.oushka.com. I have an ouhka purse and it's lovely.

ggirl Wed 31-Aug-11 18:55:03

this looks lurvely

ggirl Wed 31-Aug-11 18:57:52

sorry it's not letting me link
it's on the purecollection site , leather hobo bag

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 19:11:02

Oooh thanks WarmandWooly - I already had my eye on the Dover and it is £50 cheaper there.

ggirl - I love the Purecollection bags too.

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 19:14:41

Oh no, only the green one is cheaper ...

PercyPigPie Wed 31-Aug-11 22:35:20

Thanks for voucher Madamme

bertiecat Thu 01-Sep-11 14:06:10

have you seen thread about leather bag sale at Red Direct today MudandMayhem, they have some P&M bags on there, as well as some other lovely ones in the sale....here

PercyPigPie Thu 01-Sep-11 19:19:12

Thanks Bertie. I looked at the clearance section yesterday, but they have added more today. I love the Blondie Mania Petrolina bag - but it was a Blondie Mania bag that fell apart on me after ten days sad. I will have a good look at the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now