Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear on your feet....

(8 Posts)
trinni Mon 29-Aug-11 21:00:06

...if not boots in winter?

At work I need to be smart casual; no trainers really, although sometimes I do.

I have ballerina pumps (boring) in black and pink but want something I can wear a sock with in the colder weather - obv with trousers, not jeans.

Any suggestions for non frumpy shoes?

Iggly Mon 29-Aug-11 21:22:54

Why not boots? I wear ankle boots with trousers.

trinni Mon 29-Aug-11 21:53:24

Well, because I don't want heels as I'm on my feet all day.

Are there nice flat(ish) ankle boots do you know? I hadn't thought.

Iggly Mon 29-Aug-11 21:59:22

I've had two pairs of flat ankle boots (dont do heels) - one pair from next and the other from faith. Both tan coloured, rounded pointy toes. Very comfy! I'm on my phone so can't link am afraid!

trinni Mon 29-Aug-11 22:01:47

Thanks Iggly - Looking now

florenceuk Mon 29-Aug-11 22:13:09

I wear lace ups under trousers - nice and simple, can wear socks if cold! You can get brogues with a heel which are more dressy than flat ones. for example.

plainwhitet Mon 29-Aug-11 23:05:28

I'm with florence on the brogues; I had some last year which were like tap shoes in style and loved them.

bucaneve Mon 29-Aug-11 23:12:07

I wear flat mary jane/school type shoes a lot, with black cotton socks. No one really notices the socks, especially if you have boot cut trousers on.

www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/Shoes/Flat-Mary-Jane-In-Black/41230&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand?cmpid=10&of_tid=LQeOxNtBR7zVNj5eUgP3qroxR2nUjpB3REuxhVG0ocYMOZELqAD7AzdhVWp8wkuY

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now