Talk

Advanced search

Harem trousers- what to wear them with?

(5 Posts)
ilovecats Mon 29-Aug-11 20:43:49

Hi- I am probably a bit slow but i have just bought some harem trousers in black. Are they still OK to wear? I am 35 and a size 6/8. What shoes and tops do they look best with?
Also, bought some skinny combats- same question, what shoes and tops are best, especially in the slightly cooler weather?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 29-Aug-11 22:08:33

I've got a pair of harem pants in a camel/dark beige colour that come just below the knee, and I either wear them with a tight fitting white vest top that I tuck in, or a more baggy sleeveless white top that falls to the waistband. I wear with flat sandals or ballerina type flats. Needless to say, I tend to only wear them when it's decent weather! I'm 38 and size 8-10, so not a dissimilar size/age to you.

I have no idea what skinny combats are <am totally unfashionable emoticon>.

onelily Tue 30-Aug-11 13:36:24

Go with kaftaans or some loose fitting tops that give you a flowing look. Well i bought these really cute ballerina sort of thing from India, forgot what they say. It just completes the look, but you can try either wedges or flipflops. Depends on wherever you wearing them.

And with skinny combats try something like this

An MC Hammer dance <shuffles, yells 'Hammer time!'>

I like to wear them with a nice tightish vest top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now