Talk

Advanced search

Duo boots-sizing question please

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 29-Aug-11 19:43:49

they don't come in half sizes so I need to choose between 4 & 5. Does anyone know if they come up bigger, smaller or does it depend on the individual boot?

Tia

cardoon Mon 29-Aug-11 19:49:19

I have the Brindisi and I had to go down a size - don't know about other styles...sorry.

mckenzie Mon 29-Aug-11 19:55:57

Thanks cardoon

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 08:27:01

Do you measure with bare legs or with lights/jeans on?

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-11 08:29:12

They are big, go down a size.
You measure with bare legs/tights if that is how you intend to wear them, or with jeans if that is how you intend to wear them.

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 10:11:24

Thank you. Trouble is, I'll want to wear them with lights and jeans smile
I'll order and see huh? Thanks for the reply.

Optimism Tue 30-Aug-11 10:29:48

It depends on the boots in my experience. I bought some one year that fitted perfectly then ordered exactly the same size the following year and they were far too tight on the foot. I stupidly kept them thinking it was just because they were new and they would wear in but they never did. If you're anywhere near London they have a shop where you can go and try them on.

cardoon Tue 30-Aug-11 11:13:48

I forgot to say I phoned the Edinburgh shop before purchasing online and took their advice to size down. When I was in the shop at a later date tried on the Brindisi in my true size and they were like boats!

ameliagrey Tue 30-Aug-11 11:55:47

The boots vary so much- I have 3 pairs and they range from a 37, 38 to 39. My size is a 38.5 - so I tend to buy 38s.

Do go and try if you can- it really makes a difference as some have wide ankles, and some are a neater fit.

You measure over your skin, but then you do need to allow for trousers etc underneath- I bought one pair to wear with skinny jeans and went up a leg width to account for this.

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 13:28:26

Thanks very much. Based on all this, I think I might make the effort and go to the shop.

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-11 13:51:29

They have a shop in Bath too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: