Talk

Advanced search

Duo boots-sizing question please

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 29-Aug-11 19:43:49

they don't come in half sizes so I need to choose between 4 & 5. Does anyone know if they come up bigger, smaller or does it depend on the individual boot?

Tia

cardoon Mon 29-Aug-11 19:49:19

I have the Brindisi and I had to go down a size - don't know about other styles...sorry.

mckenzie Mon 29-Aug-11 19:55:57

Thanks cardoon

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 08:27:01

Do you measure with bare legs or with lights/jeans on?

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-11 08:29:12

They are big, go down a size.
You measure with bare legs/tights if that is how you intend to wear them, or with jeans if that is how you intend to wear them.

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 10:11:24

Thank you. Trouble is, I'll want to wear them with lights and jeans smile
I'll order and see huh? Thanks for the reply.

Optimism Tue 30-Aug-11 10:29:48

It depends on the boots in my experience. I bought some one year that fitted perfectly then ordered exactly the same size the following year and they were far too tight on the foot. I stupidly kept them thinking it was just because they were new and they would wear in but they never did. If you're anywhere near London they have a shop where you can go and try them on.

cardoon Tue 30-Aug-11 11:13:48

I forgot to say I phoned the Edinburgh shop before purchasing online and took their advice to size down. When I was in the shop at a later date tried on the Brindisi in my true size and they were like boats!

ameliagrey Tue 30-Aug-11 11:55:47

The boots vary so much- I have 3 pairs and they range from a 37, 38 to 39. My size is a 38.5 - so I tend to buy 38s.

Do go and try if you can- it really makes a difference as some have wide ankles, and some are a neater fit.

You measure over your skin, but then you do need to allow for trousers etc underneath- I bought one pair to wear with skinny jeans and went up a leg width to account for this.

mckenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 13:28:26

Thanks very much. Based on all this, I think I might make the effort and go to the shop.

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-11 13:51:29

They have a shop in Bath too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now