Talk

Advanced search

Trip to Boston, USA

(7 Posts)
pamplemousserose Mon 29-Aug-11 18:57:53

What should I look out to buy that is unavailable or ££££££ here?

DonaAna Tue 30-Aug-11 17:56:46

I love browsing Filene's Basement in downtown Boston (you never know what you will find there) and malls in Chestnut Hill, especially Bloomingdales. Then I also always hit a CVS or another drugstore and buy a bagful of cheap cosmetics. Oh, and there is a big Target somewhere near the river - usually I find something there as well.

I used to love Jasmine Sola too, but that has closed down I think.

WillPenn Tue 30-Aug-11 18:49:37

I think Filene's downtown has closed down, DonaAna - my US sources were recently mourning it's passing.

As a frequent American shopper, I look out for expensive jeans reduced in Nordstrom Rack, and elsewhere Uggs (if you like them) and Clinique makeup. Banana Republic also cheaper.

chipstick10 Tue 30-Aug-11 19:08:44

Does Boston differ much from Manhatten? I have often fancied going.

7to25 Tue 30-Aug-11 19:47:50

Filene's Basement has not closed but the location has. The actual department store Filenes has gone.
TJ Maxx is much better than TK Maxx.
Wrentham Shopping Village is a 40 minute coach ride from Downtown Boston and well worth the fare. Check out my favourite, Elie Tahari. All American designer shops are there.
Wall greens pharmacy can be a source of unexpected bargains

KeepingUpWithTheCojones Tue 30-Aug-11 19:53:05

A wander down Newbury St is always worthwhile. If you have teenagers there's an Abercrombie and Fitch near Quincy Market (which, incidentally, is great for lunchtime).

pamplemousserose Tue 30-Aug-11 22:17:13

Where is nordstrom in Boston? I have already allocated a day to spend in anthropologie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now