Talk

Advanced search

A dress accessorising one - Monday challenge!

(7 Posts)
GiraffesHaveMoreFun Mon 29-Aug-11 17:37:17

So, I just bought this dress, as recommended by vintageteacups (I think!). Love it, but need some more help...

I plan to wear it to an evening wedding reception and for an anniversary dinner in October.

I need shoes and a clutch. Budget £50 or below for shoes (more if they are amazing), and I don't want to spend more than £30 on the clutch, really.
Am tall (5'11), so proper heels make me look like a drag queen.

And would you advise tights?

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Tue 30-Aug-11 12:59:05

bump
<tumbleweed>

HallnotOates Tue 30-Aug-11 13:00:34

blak shoes and opaques
or an other colour and sheer

jiust buy a bag - not hard really.

worldgonecrazy Tue 30-Aug-11 13:10:04

I really love that blue and think you could get away with many colours. Personally I'd be going for sparkly clutch for evening/dinner in a very simple shape maybe this so it doesn't fight with the dress, with neutral/black shoes.

It depends if you want matching bag and shoes. You could also catch the end of the colour blocking theme by going for a strong contrasting colour, but my instinct is that this is now a little bit 'last season'.

worldgonecrazy Tue 30-Aug-11 13:12:12

I really love that blue and think you could get away with many colours. Personally I'd be going for sparkly clutch for evening/dinner in a very simple shape maybe this so it doesn't fight with the dress, with neutral/black shoes.

It depends if you want matching bag and shoes. You could also catch the end of the colour blocking theme by going for a strong contrasting colour, but my instinct is that this is now a little bit 'last season'.

Oooooh - just found THIS SITE whilst googling. Some gorgeous evening bags well within budget.

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Tue 30-Aug-11 13:23:30

I know it shouldn't be hard, just not been shopping for ages (new-ish baby), and am new size, and just waaaa, everything's harder.
Thanks for the links - can't wait to browse later. grin

FauxFox Tue 30-Aug-11 13:27:07

leopard?
black

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now