Talk

Advanced search

A/W version of the school run dress please?

(32 Posts)
overthemill Mon 29-Aug-11 12:10:36

You guys always give great advice and I got a good dress following tips on here! So now I need a couple of dresses for A/W suitable for everyday and also to wear to school itself (teacher). Want something ok now and then with tights and boots please. Not too high a budget would be good!

I've got something similar to this but with short sleeves. I wear it with v thin long-sleeved t-shirts under and/or a cardigan or blazer over with tights and ballet flats or boots. It's surprisingly wearable despite the stripes.

I'm going to try this red one on too.

onelily Mon 29-Aug-11 12:42:25

try the Mango one OR Littlewoods OR the boden one

Gillybobs Mon 29-Aug-11 12:45:43

Great Plains always do great day dresses here

Gillybobs Mon 29-Aug-11 12:54:26

I particularly like this this and this one too

HallnotOates Mon 29-Aug-11 13:40:19

If anyone mentions those ghastly fly mol boots...

overthemill Mon 29-Aug-11 17:25:36

haha , no I don't 'need' boots - I plan to keep a pair from Hobbs going this term at least - low heel, chocolate brown suede. But may go for Fly wedge shoes as fellow teachers swear by them for comfort!

These dresses are great - thanks and keep them coming!

I've got some Fly wedge shoes and they are about as comfortable as wearing nails in my feet tbh. It may be because I have narrow feet and they slip around a bit in them.

overthemill Mon 29-Aug-11 17:28:32

oh no! that is worrying, just put a pair in my amazon basket - I too have narrow feet...

overthemill Mon 29-Aug-11 17:31:56

btw, remus, which was the red one, the link gives the same dress as before

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Aug-11 17:33:00

This looked nice but possibly too short if you are tall.

HallnotOates Mon 29-Aug-11 17:33:12

Yep. Fly for fat trotters

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Aug-11 17:35:09

I tried this and this on and both were lovely.

higgle Mon 29-Aug-11 17:40:11

Yippee! I've got fat trotters and always thought Fly were narrow - off to Amazon now for some Yoni's.

That second WC one is one I've had my eye on, Mrs CB. It's gorgeous but I haven't tried it on yet. I posted about it on the A/W thread. Handwash is a pain though.

I bought one v similar to the first WC one last season in a sort of grey marl type fabric (although Tethers told me it was mumsy!) and I love it - so comfortable to wear and v adaptable.

Red dress is the third one along. I really like the second one too but the polyester fabric makes it feel horrible.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Aug-11 17:49:02

I always do all my handwash stuff on handwash cycle in washing machine.

I like the first white company one but would have preferred long sleeves.

Oh like the red one - had a similar one last year that I wore to death.

I may just have to have a little pootle up Marylebone High Street tomorrow and try the second WC one on.

Our washing machine is on its last legs, so I'm not sure I'd dare risk that tbh! I don't actually mind handwashing once I start it - it's just the idea of it and I tend to put it off.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 29-Aug-11 20:32:25

I have ahem ordered it with 15% off - will dig out code if you like it.

overthemill Mon 29-Aug-11 23:28:11

yes please can I have the code? thank you!

pamplemousserose Mon 29-Aug-11 23:35:50

Get some colour in to your lives, people! Just because its winter doesn't mean you have to wear mud, asphalt and drizzle colours!
La redoute have some nice jersey dresses in BRIGHT colours and prints.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Aug-11 07:42:17

Oh I love dull colours - navy is practically my favourite colour ever.

henrythecat Tue 30-Aug-11 10:01:05

Got WC Autumn Catalogue in post this morning, 15% off and free delivery but think the code might be customer specific/one use? Order a catalogue here to get code. Dresses featured look lovely but what is with the short sleeves on an Autumn dress? (Or maybe it's just me and my squishy upper arms...)

onelily Tue 30-Aug-11 13:30:34

Hey that is really good henrythecat..its quite simple yet elegant. Can you tell me abt the 15% off code?

I tried the (ahem) RED M&S dress on today and it's quite nice but I didn't buy it because I thought it made my tummy look fat. I will go and try it on again whilst wearing BIG PANTS and try and remember to report back.

I didn't try the WC one because my feet hurt too much to walk down Marylebone High Street, after following dd1 around Topshop/Zara/H&M/Uniqlo for about three hours!

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Aug-11 21:21:35

The code I used is E1A12

Remus - I found that with the m&s knitted dresses - just made me look barrel like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now