Talk

Advanced search

Ive dyed my hair for the first time and........

(14 Posts)
biglips Mon 29-Aug-11 09:19:18

It didnt cover my greys well. I used clairol nice n easy. The colour was more or less the same colour as my natural colour just a fraction abit darker (im a redhead/auburn/copper head). I did a strand test and my strand of greys didnt colour completely. So thought ill see what happens on my head. I left it on the maximum time but some of the greys is still there......what did I do wrong?? thanks

groak Mon 29-Aug-11 21:25:00

perfect 10 is good and on ofer in superdrug for 3.99, try that instead? may be you have some stubborn grey hair?

biglips Mon 29-Aug-11 23:59:54

Maybe it is stubborn...hmmm!! If im right, the perfect 10 were all dark colours.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 30-Aug-11 00:23:38

Grey hair is more porous, so it grabs the colour but loses it again quicker.
I've got mid/dark brown hair and when its first dyed ( self dye job) it looks fine but the greys come back with a vengence.

I might try waiting a few days then going over the grey bits again.

Oh and try not to wash your hair for 48 hourse after you've dyed it. But make sure it's rinsed really well.

peasandlove Tue 30-Aug-11 01:02:12

I used to leave nice n easy on for about 40mins or it wouldnt cover my greys either.

peasandlove Tue 30-Aug-11 01:02:27

I'm talking about the semi-permanent one btw

biglips Tue 30-Aug-11 20:56:51

yes ive followed the instructions to the tee but i did noticed that not all the greys were covered at the first time and yes i uses the semi permanent one too. Do i have to wait till 8 weeks is up before i can put another colour on using different brand?

biglips Wed 31-Aug-11 19:47:22

Bump

cerealqueen Wed 31-Aug-11 20:50:32

I'd wait if i were you before using another colour/brand or reapply same one to the greys that didn't get covered first time round. Get a proper tinting brush to do this.

I'd suggest next time applying to grey first and leave for 10/15 minutes then do rest of your head.

Try a clarifying shampoo too, before you do a dye job.

sprinkles77 Wed 31-Aug-11 22:15:03

Semi permenant colours do not always cover greys well. You will have more luck with a permanent one. Use a colour one shade lighter than your natural colour for a natural appearance.

biglips Thu 01-Sep-11 11:52:28

i checked and it was a permanent colour not semi-permanent...

hattymattie Thu 01-Sep-11 13:47:34

Have to say I just used that Perfect 10 and it's brilliant. Worked better than the hairdressers. I have very dark brown hair with lots of grey bits but it seems to be back to its normal colour - ie. glossy brown:black without the aging salt and pepper look ( for the moment).

Imnotaslimjim Thu 01-Sep-11 13:52:14

I would wait about a week and make sure its washed at least twice in that time, before using a different product. Some colours cover grey better than others. i've heard the nice and easy is one of the ones that isn't so good at it. My mum uses the perfect 10 and gets great coverage each time

biglips Thu 01-Sep-11 22:04:03

Thanks everyone. Yes I dyed my hair 3 weeks ago now. One of my friends used perfect 10 dye. Will have a look into that again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now