Talk

Advanced search

£60 challenge

(16 Posts)
GlaikitFizzog Sun 28-Aug-11 23:29:02

Right, I have a wedding to go to in October, evening reception, in Scotland (for weather considerations smile). I have a really nice pair of black wide legged trousers hanging unworn in my wardrobe and need a top half to go with it. Help me find something.

I am 5"1, Pale, Short bobbed dark brown almost black hair, busty(G Cup), probably hourglass shaped, I'm slimmest under my bust. I've just had a baby so still quite a little bit self concious about my tummy area.

Criteria
Size 16/18/20 I vary from shop to shop, bloody nightmare
Colourful ( I have a wardrobe full of black)
I'm BFing, top doesn't have to be friendly, but not too revealing as I'm likely to fall out of it.
At least top half of arms covered
I think I would prefer tunic style,
Must be under £60

I am a bag and shoe-a-holic so have pretty much every colour combination covered so don't need to worry about that.

Can you help?? Pretty please, grin

FauxFox Mon 29-Aug-11 08:15:05

caramel belted
sheer sleeve floral
blue
zebra
butterfly print
lilac knit
red batwing
Any of those take your fancy?

onelily Mon 29-Aug-11 11:04:29

i liked the blue one..
umm. ..you can try this Or this and this
P.S- like the phase 8 one..

noddyholder Mon 29-Aug-11 11:06:31

this?

GlaikitFizzog Mon 29-Aug-11 11:47:12

Oooh, sorry I've not been back, real life called!! Thank you!

Faux I like the Blue one and the caramel belted one, but DHs kilt is Black and gold, maybe a bit matchy? I haven't checked out very before, will have nose round later!

Onelily, yep really like the Phase8 one. Miss Selfridge is one of the shops I can't buy in!! But that is really nice.

Noddy I REALLY like that very Me! But it's black! I'm fed up looking like I'm in mourning grin!

TracyK Mon 29-Aug-11 12:05:31

oo fauxfox - I was going to suggest the min velvet one - like this one too - www.mintvelvet.co.uk/lipstick-satin-cowl-neck-top//mint-v/fcp-product/1371.

Not sure if both tops are a bit on the long side for wide trousers??

onelily Mon 29-Aug-11 12:31:13

noddyholder--i so love that top..i am sure ordering that one..Do you have any idea whether its available in any different colours?

GlaikitFizzog Mon 29-Aug-11 12:58:10

I love that colour tracy, but i would need a cardi or something to cover mt bingo wings upper arms!

TapselteerieO Mon 29-Aug-11 13:36:35

Leaf print

fever black possibly too low necked?

good colour

TracyK Mon 29-Aug-11 13:50:36

A wee bit of fake tan and a few tricep dips in the hour before the wedding - would be fine - or throw a pashmina round yourself I think those sleeves will be quite flattering.

GlaikitFizzog Mon 29-Aug-11 14:20:55

Ooh like the Chandelier top Taps, but black! I could put a cami vest on underneath to catch any cleavage spillage! See this is why I have a wardrobe full of black stuff!! It's all there is out there!!

TracyK are you a clothing sales assistant!! You are selling it to me! I have a black or royal blue pashmina. Blue might clash too much.

TracyK Mon 29-Aug-11 15:46:34

Are you near a House of Frasers? Mint Velvet are stocked there - and you could try on in RL.

Unless you could get an exact match of red - I'd go for black pashmina. Try a tie rack or M&S - they have a full range of the spectrum pashmina type things. But tbh - I don't think you'd need it - the sleeves are flattering.

GlaikitFizzog Mon 29-Aug-11 19:47:29

Hmm is Jenners HoF?? I may just have to bite the bullet and face the shops with DS in the pram!!

tethersend Mon 29-Aug-11 20:06:02

Wallis

Fenn Wright Manson

Jaeger 1

Jaeger 2 (over budget)

Jaeger 3

Jaeger 4

Monsoon

squix Mon 29-Aug-11 20:47:57

Jenners is House of Fraser

GlaikitFizzog Tue 30-Aug-11 12:10:28

Damn you Tethersend I want the Kimono top! I have shoes and a bag that would match that perfectly!! DH would kill me if I spent that much on a top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now