Talk

Advanced search

*grumble* fancy bloody dress, 1920 flapper theme, when you have big boobs!! Anyone help please?

(9 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sun 28-Aug-11 21:29:45

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted on here, can't believe how different it looks! Hope everyone is good.

Anyway, my other half is having a Gangster and Molls themed party in 5 weeks time and I have to find a dress.

I am 5ft 2, 27, size 10 with 34e boobs, have a curvy figure with sizeabe bum considering my waist. The problem is, I live by the general rule that my clothes have to have a scoop or v neckline and cinched waist. Flapper style dresses do not conform to this and are designed for slimmer people, ith drop waists and high necklines :|

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? My budget is less than £80 ideally I could spend more if it's something I might wear again.

Thanks.

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Sun 28-Aug-11 22:13:03

i did see a flapper style dress earlier, think it on Coast's website in cream, can'r remember exact details though. HTH

TheProvincialLady Sun 28-Aug-11 22:17:29

I would spend the £80 on a fancy dress costume hire - that way you will get lots more choice, accessories etc included and no worry about wearing it again.

navyeyelasH Sun 28-Aug-11 22:29:30

Ilovebagsandbruuuce - thanks will have a look.

TheProvincialLady - I just thought all fancy dress hire was naff polyester?! Do you know any good places? Thanks

blueemerald Sun 28-Aug-11 23:13:22

You could be a girl gangster?

jazz singer?

In fact this whole website is good...

marriednotdead Mon 29-Aug-11 00:01:12

I have PM'd you smile

navyeyelasH Mon 29-Aug-11 00:15:59

Thanks blueemerald, not keen on the girl gangster idea, but quite like that second dress I think (although it's so late I can't think any more!), will have a nosey around there.

marriednotdead you star, I just replied.

TheProvincialLady Mon 29-Aug-11 07:31:26

It's probably not much use to you, but there is a fantastic place in Leicester! I think you need to look for somewhere that says it does fancy dress and theatrical costumes.

bebemad Mon 29-Aug-11 07:55:10

Hope this link works I know it says size 8 but it looks like it is a 10 euro 38, flapper style and you could accessorize

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-M-Cream-Draped-Neck-Pleated-Chiffon-Dress-Size-8-/140558223191?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now