Talk

Advanced search

Surprisingly nice top

(14 Posts)
LauraMercier Sun 28-Aug-11 20:21:31

I bought this pussy bow top from M&S at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it so I thought I'd share! I was desperately looking for a nice top to wear with my new skinny jeans (DP, £5.60 - thanks MN for for the recommendation, best jeans ever) but all the pussy bow style tops I tried on bulked my frame (I'm a short ass, big norked, big hipped) and I felt stupid and huge. This is fitted jersey with chiffon sleeves and bow. Looks pretty ropey on the hanger, lovely on, and only £15 with the 20% off tops offer M&S pussy bow top

dontrunwithscissors Sun 28-Aug-11 20:40:45

Hmm, what colour did you get? It's annoying that you can't see the different colours, other than in a little square.

ImperialBlether Sun 28-Aug-11 20:42:00

You can if you click on the squares, dontrun.

I saw that the other day and liked it but dp wasn't at all impressed: he said it looked like something that an old lady would wear. I will go and have another look at it - without dp!

LauraMercier Sun 28-Aug-11 20:49:13

I got black. I tried the blue on as well, it's quite a nice dark midnight type blue. It looks pretty awful on the hanger I think - I tried it on in desperation and I really like it now - looks good with jeans and with a suit or smart trousers for work. It's quite clingy so I went up size.

Curiousmama Sun 28-Aug-11 20:51:33

I think it'd look good on someone slim. I'm size 14 so not for me. Would have normally thought it'd be for someone older but maybe it's fashion? I don't really follow fashion so wouldn't know?

dontrunwithscissors Sun 28-Aug-11 20:59:21

Nope, it still won't let me see them in different colours. confused

FoofFighters Sun 28-Aug-11 21:11:02

I can't see the other colours either! The model's pose makes it look a bit meh but I'll check it out in person. How did you get the discount, op?

LauraMercier Sun 28-Aug-11 21:12:46

The M&S site plays up a lot I find - you could always order and return? The purple is a proper purple if that helps? The beige colour I ignored as it would make me look hideous.

Curious - I think it's one of those occasions when M&S makes something fashionable by mistake. In the shop it was next to some ghastly tops, but it honestly does look good on!

bodiddly Sun 28-Aug-11 21:16:37

I agree LM .. I bought it last week with the 20% discount too!

Mogmog Sun 28-Aug-11 22:48:25

It's lovely. What is the sizing like - is it generous or a very "real " size?

Mogmog Sun 28-Aug-11 22:50:02

Oops - ignore that! Should have read the whole thread properly - past my bed time!

FauxFox Mon 29-Aug-11 08:23:57

Oh I like...am drawn to the navy...will look next time i'm in smile

BarbaraWoodlouse Mon 29-Aug-11 10:34:02

I've just ordered it. DH is going to flip when the deliveries start coming in next week (stupid rain's fault - online shopping the only thing to do) Have ordered the navy & purple as returns are free. Will report back on Weds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now