Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me accessorise this IO dress, please?

(13 Posts)
moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 18:29:43

here

It's for a wedding and I am aware it's rather plain for a wedding, but I have very little money (on maternity leave) and can only afford to buy one dress for work and for the wedding, so I leant towards one for work as the wedding is a one-off. it also needs to be toddler-proof (ie can wip off sticky finger marks!

Anyway, I'm not sure what to put with it now. I need shoes (tights?). I had hoped to get away without a camisole for the wedding, but i think my feeding bra is just a little too high, and I haven't found a lower one (the camisole makes it more work-ey IYSWIM. But what colour camisole? etc.

Than you!!

<waits with baited breath for replies...>

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 28-Aug-11 18:35:19

Maybe instead of the camisole you could have a big sparkly brooch to keep the bits in place for the wedding. Which colour dress did you choose?

moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 18:37:58

Sorry - they purpl-ey one (plum).

I wondered about fastening the neck area together...

ggirl Sun 28-Aug-11 18:43:42

Love the dress ,have been thinking of ordering the same one.
I would wear black camisole , maybe with lace?
Only wear cami if def needed though.

ggirl Sun 28-Aug-11 18:45:03

can you not wear normal bra for the wedding?

ghostofstalbans Sun 28-Aug-11 18:46:05

i have one of these dresses and think they look best with miminal accessories. some nice shoes as high as you can get away with and subtle necklace looks great, no tights either!

moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 18:46:55

I'm glad you like the dress! It's perfect (I'm going to buy more styles when I'm back at work and earning again).

I had thought black as well, but could it look to 'heavy'? I have some silvery shoes that I thought liiked rather nice, but the weather could be quite bad and they are open toe.

(Or I could just buy random shoes and a bag grin)

moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 18:48:47

I have no more normal bras grin I used to be a D-cup (ish) now I'm JJ!!

Ghost - I love the sound of minimal!

What are the best colours? That is where I find accessorising the hardest!!

UrsulaBuffayHere2Help Sun 28-Aug-11 18:49:25

It's gorgeous, not too plain. I hate the clashing patterns worn by folk to big gatherings it ends up looking hideous.

moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 20:38:26

Thank you smile

ggirl Sun 28-Aug-11 20:43:22

well I think the colours that would look best with the plum are black/silver/gold
black opaques with black shoes if you have to wear tights
or no tights and tanned legs

I have the short sleeved version in blue and wear it with simple pendant necklace and neutral shoes.

Have you tried the dress on with your nursing bra?

UrsulaBuffayHere2Help Sun 28-Aug-11 20:52:17

silver or gold with plum would be gorge

Satisfashion Sun 28-Aug-11 20:54:34

Have you thought about accessorising this with Turquoise, you could still do the nude shoes and maybe tie in a turquoise fasinator and bracelet ?? and if the weather is ok go for nude tights ? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now