Talk

Advanced search

Top for evening do- pregnant and big anyway

(8 Posts)
sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 16:30:11

Went out last night and the only decent maternity top I have makes me look like a whale. It makes me look even bigger than I am - from the fear and look on peoples face they thought I was going to pop! I still have 10 wks left!

Got a wedding evening do to go to 1 month before due date.

Got black maternity trousers that I will wear and I'm going to wear wedge heels or black boots (more likely!)

I really want a nice top that is comfy and covers arms or at least the top part!

I'm a busty 22/24

Ideally with stars on it!

I dont do style but I want to!

Intersat Sun 28-Aug-11 20:18:20

I have never done a link before but here goes:

www.next.co.uk/x48256s1

If the link doesn't work check out the maternity wear on the Next website. They have a black top with white stars on it.

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 20:23:01

Thank you it's lovely- will see if a friend can order it for me (don't have an account)

Not sure on how generous next sizes are though.

MrsCog Sun 28-Aug-11 20:31:50

Watching with interest as I will have a wedding to go to at 37 weeks....!

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Sun 28-Aug-11 22:15:26

aha! Next sizes are pretty generous i find. Will go look at top smile

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Sun 28-Aug-11 22:16:39

yay its pretty perfect i reckon, woo! now i have to find me a dress for my evening do's.

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 22:18:49

Also bit concerned that I will look too formal on all black. My jeans are so uncomfortable as not over the bump and they cut me in too.

Reception is local pub with cobbles so sandals prob not a good idea but boots too boring.

sleepevader Mon 05-Sep-11 16:10:02

Back to the drawing board. It was ok but nothing special plus the elasticated cuffs and side were too tight.

If anyone spots anything can they link me to it please! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now