Talk

Advanced search

Ok wise lot, need an outfit for my dh's 40th

(15 Posts)
Sallypuss Sun 28-Aug-11 08:28:17

Have been planning a surprise 40th for dh for what seems like forever and it's just occurred to me that I don't have anything to wear. Venue is a v. smart restaurant. I'm a size 12 and my style is classic (though not in the m&s sense) rather than trendy - more boden and hobbs/coast...all ideas gratefully received as the party is on 10th September.

FauxFox Sun 28-Aug-11 09:26:06

i got this for anniversary dinner in posh restaurant and it is lovely - really well made, boned corset, nice matt fabric...have a browse there are some lovely dresses on that site smile

HumptyDumpty1 Sun 28-Aug-11 09:48:05

Have you looked on asos?

Ambernj1 Sun 28-Aug-11 10:28:10

Recommend dresses at [http://www.isabellaoliver.com/womens-clothing/uk/600/dresses.html?viewall=true Isabella Oliver]] - great quality and lovely colours!

Ambernj1 Sun 28-Aug-11 10:28:54

whoops!

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Aug-11 10:35:53

Whats your budget?

callmemalcolm Sun 28-Aug-11 10:58:53

DO not get the fox one.
its vile

noddyholder Sun 28-Aug-11 11:17:28

lovely

FauxFox Sun 28-Aug-11 19:00:33

sad

pink4ever Sun 28-Aug-11 19:09:16

fox I think your suggestion is nicer than the other frumpy offeringsgrin. I couldnt wear it as am too fat but on a size 12 think it would look good.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 28-Aug-11 19:22:38

Fox - I bet you looked fab in your dress.

Ignore Malcolm - she's just being a meanie.

I saw a nice one in coast as I walked by yesterday animaltastic

FauxFox Sun 28-Aug-11 19:30:40

smile Thanks pink and mrsCB I do look nice in it actually - I suppose it is a bit more of a classic, sexy shape rather than fashion led but the OP said that was what she wanted! I will ignore malcolm, it was just a bit of a surprise to hear my dress called vile hmm

jugglingwiththreeshoes Sun 28-Aug-11 19:40:52

Just a thought but what sort of things has your DH complimented you on/ liked in the past, since it's a surprise party for him - It would be nice if he liked it as well as you feeling really good in it. What things have you felt best in as well come to that ?!

Sallypuss Sun 28-Aug-11 22:02:23

Ooh thanks all, some good suggestions here. Looking to spend up to £150 providing it's something i'll get some wear out of. The spendthrift in me likes the mango dress but not sure I have the legs for it. Have never looked at the ASOS site so may gave to give it a whirl.

As for the post about what dh would like to see me in hadn't thought of that...

trickydickie Mon 29-Aug-11 00:04:57

Fox- love your dress. If I had a flatter stomach would definately get it for a couple of future events.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now