Talk

Advanced search

Calling Millie1 re. Barbours- and anyone with a Boden Biker Jacket

(9 Posts)
ameliagrey Sun 28-Aug-11 07:35:35

I wondered if you had seen this from Boden and either didn't like or what...

I ordered it and it came yesterday.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Jackets/WE305/Womens-Urban-Field-Jacket.html?NavGroupID=2

I think I am going to keep it, though worried it's a bit of a cliche.
I am sure it is last year's Biker jacket with a different name.

Did anyone get the biker jacket and has it worn well?

ChiddelyPie Sun 28-Aug-11 09:24:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ameliagrey Sun 28-Aug-11 09:59:53

Thanks- I think I will probably keep it- it's so cold today i could even wear it now!

Millie1 Sun 28-Aug-11 11:04:16

It's lovely Amelia! What colour did you get?

snailsontour Sun 28-Aug-11 11:23:30

I too have the previous seasons Biker jacket and agree this looks remarkably similar. I have it in both the Evergreen and the Tomato and love them both - although for some reason, despite the wet summer, I still haven't worn the Tomato yet. Note to self to rectify this!

I also have a Barbour, but can honestly say I reach for my Boden much more often as it fits me so much better. As with all wax jackets I do believe they improve with age - and I think nothing looks sadder than a pristine Barbour as imho they are meant to look 'lived in'.

ameliagrey Sun 28-Aug-11 11:46:40

I got the brown- bit boring maybe but it looks nice- it's a very dark brown.

I think they have upped the lining compared to the Biker jacket of last year which was realy thin- this does have a quilted lining- not as thick as a duvet jacket of course, but it does feel warm.

The sizing is also better- the Biker jacket was returned last year as the 8 was too small and i think the 10 would have been massive (I have tiny shoulders and short arms.) However, the 8 in this one is fine- not room for a really thick jumper but enough room for a T shirt and thin jumper.

I got 15% off so it was around £120.

Mogmog Sun 28-Aug-11 13:26:19

Has anyone with big boobs bought the Boden jacket? Really like it but worried about the fit. (and I do mean big - 34g)

Mogmog Wed 31-Aug-11 08:50:56

Bumping this as really want some feedback!

Mumsnut Wed 31-Aug-11 11:38:11

What Chiddely said. I got the leather version this yr I was so pleased with the waxed one last winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now