Talk

Advanced search

Fashion noob - what to wear with these boots?

(17 Posts)
Nechy Sat 27-Aug-11 15:10:05

As the title says, I'm utterly crap with fashion but was having a nose around a few sites and fell in love with these boots.

Any ideas on what to wear them with (don't want to end up looking like a disaster)

www.allsaints.com/women/footwear/pipaluk/sepia/wfo013-2204

ty in advance!

Nech smile

cyb Sat 27-Aug-11 15:19:13

I would suggest this

I was not expecting boots like that AT ALL

THey seem very overfussy with bells whistles and all sorts going on. Whilst you may love them now, I think a more classic boot will justify the expense better

But if you love them, who am I to comment........

Nechy Sat 27-Aug-11 15:23:55

O.o guess that whole "if you've not got anything nice to say..." rule doesn't apply here...

Thanks, I guess.

cyb Sat 27-Aug-11 15:44:50

Sorry, but you did ask....I didnt think I was THAT mean!

Nechy Sat 27-Aug-11 15:50:46

I asked for ideas on what to wear with them...not for halloween costume ideas.
I have plenty of pairs of 'classic' boots, I just wanted something a bit different and am not sure what would go with them. Nevermind anyways.

cyb Sat 27-Aug-11 16:34:51

Ok will bump for you and perhaps someone more helpful than me will come along wink

Bonsoir Sat 27-Aug-11 17:21:04

Gosh, the boots in the OP are almost unwearable. Maybe you need to buy clothes to go with them in the same brand?

Or go for something more versatile...

Pagwatch Sat 27-Aug-11 17:23:15

The all saints website has a look book. Maybe check that to see how they style them? I can't check as my iPad doesn't like the site.

I am a bit stumped tbh.

kittyispretty Sun 28-Aug-11 16:31:55

I love the Clarks Originals range they are quirky but comfy.Nechy,I like the boots you've chosen and I think you will get a lot of wear out of them-Id wear with jeans,leggings and tunics-they look like some i've seen in Toast.I stick to the old adage if you like it and it doesnt frighten the horses you'll be right

Sorry, Nechy but I don't like those at all and think that they would end up looking pretty weird with nearly everything. The only thing I can think of that might work (and only if you are pretty young and slim) is to wear them with chunky grey tights, a short grey silk tea dress and a denim jacket in a sort of late 80s grunge way.

ImeldaM Sun 28-Aug-11 18:57:03

grin cyb,

I think I'd go very very plain relaxed look, no no no to any denim, that will look really cowboy-ish.

Perhaps black/navy outfit, relaxed maybe loose drapey top or polo neck, skinny trousers.

zoe88 Sun 28-Aug-11 19:04:45

I think there very original cute looking boots. I'd wear them with dark skinnys and a striped long sleeve tee and a faux fur gilet, or maybe leggings and a denim shirt dress. HTH

moonstorm Sun 28-Aug-11 19:05:34

There are some suggestions on the page to the right of the link. Start there and add to them. Keep your clothes simple.

colditz Sun 28-Aug-11 19:09:28

Bootleg jeans

ladyintheradiator Sun 28-Aug-11 19:13:04

Rofl at colditz

PerryCombover Sun 28-Aug-11 19:49:05

okay the boots are going to be challenging given that they are brown and thus styled
black would make the style easier

I'd be going v plain and v tight..make a feature of the boots..so tight tight jeans a floppy silk shirt and a tight fitting leather jacket
or
depends on age but shorts tights plain silk t shirt..?

FauxFox Sun 28-Aug-11 19:54:27

If you look at the statement type boots on NAP (fringed/furry/red indian patterned etc) they style them very simply with dark grey leggins and a chunky knit (cream textured or fairisle patterned) or with bare legs and a slouchy jumper dress. The boots you linked to are not my thing but i think those outfits would go and if you love them that's what counts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now