Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried Lacura makeup at Aldi?

(15 Posts)
warmandwooly Sat 27-Aug-11 14:10:50

Has anyone tried Lacura makeup at Aldi? Just interested in what it's like.

nickschick Sat 27-Aug-11 14:13:48

Its not bad ive tried the foundation which is v good quality for its price and the reddy coloured lipstick is fab.

Apparently the concealers are v good similar to a top brand.

The moisturisers are good too,ive not tried eye shadow or mascara from there though.

HoneyPablo Sat 27-Aug-11 14:16:30

Yes, it's very good. I have tried the foundation, the eye shadow and the mascara. You really can't tell the difference between them and the dearer stuff.

franke Sat 27-Aug-11 14:16:38

I've had lipstick, mascara, nail colour and eye shadow.

Don't bother with the mascara, it's crap.

Lipstick and nail colour absolutely fine, actually pretty good.

Eye shadow one of the best I've ever owned.

I don't use the moisturisers but have a hand cream with urea in it which is excellent (that might have been one of their special purchases though).

changeforthebetter Sat 27-Aug-11 14:18:15

Yes - I have two of the powder compacts - darker for summer and lighter for winter. They are lovely and the compacts are excellent quality. I also like their moisturiser and their hairspray is as good as Elnett but a fraction of the cost.

warmandwooly Sat 27-Aug-11 14:27:34

I was lookig at the foundation in the translucent shade as i am pale. Just wanted some thoughts etc. Can't argue with the prices that's for sure.

Sexolette Sat 27-Aug-11 17:28:02

I have the concealer, it's very good actually.

Hoto Sat 27-Aug-11 17:32:58

yes - the concealer is marvo, not as thick as Touche Eclat but that's good as i find TE a bit paste-like.

MissKittyEliza Sat 27-Aug-11 17:49:24

Nail polishes last forever.

Eye cream better than my Estee Lauder one, I've used for the past few years.

Lipstick good but taste waxy, for me.

Their Lacura SPF 50 sun cream is excellent.....makes my skin glow!

bluebump Sat 27-Aug-11 17:55:04

The mascara isn't very good.

MillontheFloss Sat 27-Aug-11 19:51:13

concealer and powder are both great (although i don't agree that the concealer matches up to it's pricier counterpart) as are the face and body moisturisers.

Lulumama Sat 27-Aug-11 19:52:21

the powder is fantastic, lasts for ages and comes in a nice silver compact with mirror, the lipgloss is also great

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:59:41

I like the eyeshadow.

willybreeder Sun 28-Aug-11 09:47:44

After the hype I bought the concealer for a friend who was running out of her YSL. She reported back that it was too pale, a bit thick and the applicator tip fell off after a few days. So I'm not going to bother. I've bought the face suncream in factor 50 - but not used yet - great price though and figured you can't go wrong with suncream.

GwennieF Sun 28-Aug-11 09:52:05

I've been using the moisturisers for about a year, they seem really good. I also have the concealer which is grand. The mascara tends to melt all over my face though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now