Talk

Advanced search

Expensive buy for me, so help me get the colour right please!

(24 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 26-Aug-11 23:48:20

www.duoboots.com/products/boots/detail/calf_fitted_boots/brindisi/7/colour/2-brown_waxed_nubuck_leather/variation/1/

TeamEdward Fri 26-Aug-11 23:51:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Aug-11 23:53:22

brown here too

nancythursday Fri 26-Aug-11 23:55:04

I like the brown, what are they to be worn with?

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 27-Aug-11 00:06:28

Thanks ladies, I was between the brown and the burgundy. I expect I will be wearing them at work (smart/casual/inside and outside at work) with kitted dresses, skirts etc. WDYT?

thisisyesterday Sat 27-Aug-11 00:07:22

i hink brown will go with pretty much anything whereas the burgundy might not

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 27-Aug-11 00:11:34

True......and I have diddly in the bank so brown would be an investment?!! Thanks again!

nancythursday Sat 27-Aug-11 08:04:54

The burgundy is nice too, and a bit different. The brown would be more versatile though.

Nospringflower Sat 27-Aug-11 08:08:18

I have the brown and they are lovely but not good in wet weather / snow - the heel has fallen apart a bit - it's like stacks with the stacks peeling off (hard to describe) but it means that I can't wear him this year after buying them last November sad

thisisyesterday Sat 27-Aug-11 10:18:27

nospringflower... i would ring/e-mail them and complain.
boots shouldn't fall apart after one winter... unless it specifically says on them not to wear them in the wet! which seems unlikely.

at that price you should reasonably expect them to last a good few years, so get onto them and ask for them to be fixed/replaced

Nospringflower Sat 27-Aug-11 10:57:28

Youre right I probably should. Will try and dig out receipt and see what they say but I'm sure I heard their customer service isnt great which is why I didnt have high hopes.

WillPenn Sat 27-Aug-11 11:55:21

I would recommend NOT spending your hard earned cash on these boots. I recently tried some on in Duo, and the quality is appalling for the money. I think you'd be better off going to Clarks, where you'd get more for your money.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 27-Aug-11 12:23:39

Oh no! Not sure what to do now.......I thought the mumsnet verdict on Duo boots was really good from other threads??

catgirl1976 Sat 27-Aug-11 12:34:40

Brown

cardoon Sat 27-Aug-11 12:40:56

I have them in brown and I love them, have had them for 3 years and they still look great - but..... I tend to put wellies on in the rain, so couldn't say how they perform in the very wettest weather.

MrsRobertDuvall Sat 27-Aug-11 13:28:56

I bought duo boots 2 winters ago and mine are still fine.

cornsilksi Sat 27-Aug-11 13:31:50

brown envy

Millie1 Sat 27-Aug-11 13:34:21

I have these boots in brown. This will be their 4th winter and they are as good as the day I bought them. I wear them constantly - the brown goes with everything and I can walk miles in them. Can't recommend highly enough. Have reheeled once.

Nospringflower. I agree with the poster who said you should ring Duo. That's not right and I'd be surprised if they don't stand over them.

Love Duo boots and am trying to talk myself out of a new pair this year as I need other bits and bobs more!!

lindsell Sat 27-Aug-11 13:34:32

While duo boots are the only ones that fit me properly I agree with the poor quality comments. I have had two pairs from there in different styles, one stilleto heel and one with chunky heel and both broke within a few months. The stiletto heels one one boot completely broke off, duo mended them and they broke again a few weeks later. The ones with chunky heels the whole sole and heel came off after a couple of months. I didn't wear either pair very much and was really disappointed. I won't be buying any more duo boots unless I get them really cheap on eBay!

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Sat 27-Aug-11 13:56:03

I agree duo are poor quality. I had a pair which needed reheeling after about two weeks. If it's wider calf fittings you need, try Clarks or M&S - both pretty generous.

catgirl1976 Sat 27-Aug-11 14:14:12

Dubarry do very nice boots along these lines

Nospringflower Sat 27-Aug-11 18:21:03

The other thing I find funny about Duo is that they make a big thing about measuring your calfskin but then when they don't have that size they just give you another. Mine are thin so it doesn't really matter but seems odd grin

cardoon Sat 27-Aug-11 19:00:56

hahahaha calfskin grin

Nospringflower Sat 27-Aug-11 21:47:52

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now