Talk

Advanced search

Opinions please!

(13 Posts)
WillPenn Fri 26-Aug-11 20:07:33

I have spotted this in the Brora Bank Holiday sale.

DH thinks it is a crime against fashion. I really like it and can see it with black cardi, knee high boots. But what do you think?

cyb Fri 26-Aug-11 20:09:34

too summery for black cardi knee high boots IMO

tethersend Fri 26-Aug-11 20:12:27

DH is right.

cyb Fri 26-Aug-11 20:14:26

It could potentially look better with brown boots and a coloured cardi, if you have them

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Aug-11 20:15:37

i think it's nice! i'd def wear with boots and a thick cardi

but then, i am the opposite of stylish and just wear what i like.

WillPenn Fri 26-Aug-11 20:42:53

Hmmm...thanks. Seems the jury is out. I'll have a think and then perhaps it will be sold out and my decision will be made for me...

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Fri 26-Aug-11 20:44:55

Are you mad - boots and a thick cardi? You will look like Gypsy Rose Lee's less sartorially wise sister.

For 59 quid I think you can do a lot better.

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Fri 26-Aug-11 20:45:34

I am sorry - that was rude. blush Skirt is still vile, though.

tethersend Fri 26-Aug-11 21:01:52

It was harsh but fair, GetOrf.

talkingnonsense Fri 26-Aug-11 21:05:13

I think good if you are tall and slim with a Boho/ gypsy vibe to your style. Also if I wore it to work the kids would definitely admire it. I've ordered two sale dresses, so hope they will be nice!

I think with black boots it would be v Russian-doll and even with brown boots it would still be a bit costumey. I think you could find something nicer tbh (and I am a sucker for a full skirt!).

Casmama Fri 26-Aug-11 23:10:52

I think it is a bit frumpy I'm afraid and agree you could get a lot more for £59 quid.

WillPenn Sat 27-Aug-11 11:29:35

OK, I'll walk away from it! You've talked sense into me. There is a reason why all the sizes are still in stock after all. I do tend towards the boho side of dressing, but sometimes you can take it too far...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now