Talk

Advanced search

ballerina type shoes - toe cleavage

(20 Posts)
aliceliddell Fri 26-Aug-11 13:38:37

I've been trying on loads of these, all of which have the same problem of being too low on the toes and not totally covering them. I think this looks vile and hideous. I also find visible bra straps under things like racer-back vests weird. These things should not be seen, imo. Am I alone in this opinion?

mistressploppy Fri 26-Aug-11 13:39:20

Nah, I hate toe-cleavage too. It's like looking down and seeing a little bum

callmemalcolm Fri 26-Aug-11 13:42:11

I like

cyb Fri 26-Aug-11 13:44:38

I have this with most shoes. I grin and bear it, as long as its only MAIN toe cleavage and not all the little piggies

cyb Fri 26-Aug-11 13:44:56

There are websites dedicated to it, so someone likes it

aliceliddell Fri 26-Aug-11 13:47:08

Should've put the bra strap thing separately, shouldn't I?

cyb Fri 26-Aug-11 13:49:38

bra straps dont bother me- infact some folk make a feature of them.

If however they are digging into big fat sunburnt shoulders and leaving red welts, its not SUCH a good look

ImeldaM Fri 26-Aug-11 14:26:56

It depends, I think they look good like that. But, I like my feet, they are nice & slim, as are my hands & wrists (unlike the rest of me sad)

So anything that shows more is good IMO

Dialsmavis Fri 26-Aug-11 14:29:48

Love toe cleavage
Cannot abide bra strapage

aliceliddell Fri 26-Aug-11 16:14:08

Some of you lot are just weird. Why? I hear you ask. Well, because you disagree with me. Wholly wrong.

talkingnonsense Fri 26-Aug-11 16:22:31

I agree with Alice, but I dont mind bra straps showing under normal strappy tops, just hate it on racer backs. Toe cleavage is vile and makes it look like you couldn't be bothered to buy shoes that fit.

Redumbdancy Fri 26-Aug-11 17:56:44

I love looking down at my toe cleavage as I walk!

Bra straps look shit though.

zoflora Fri 26-Aug-11 18:05:15

I don't like toe cleavage. Also find shoes that are cut low enough to show them to be fiendishly uncomfortable.

bra - depends on the bra and build of the wearer.

ChuckYouFarlie Sat 27-Aug-11 15:27:35

toe cleavage is hideola. Tod's are £££y but so comfortable and modest of toe, one pair is worth five pairs of high street ballet flats.

saving up for a pair of Lanvin flats... £300, yikes shock

peeriebear Sat 27-Aug-11 15:29:53

I do not buy pumps with toe cleavage. Yuk. I am still getting use from my old red satin Faith ballet pumps, five years on!

YoungishBag Sat 27-Aug-11 15:31:34

You big bunch of freaks.

Do you all wear gloves constantly because of <shudder> ^finger cleavage when you're typing hmm

vintageteacups Sat 27-Aug-11 15:34:42

Funny because I got a black pair of ballet pumps delivered from Next yesterday and they had that very problem.

I have slim, narrow feet and that makes it really hard to wear ballet style shoes.

I am sending them back because there was hardly any coverage over my toes and a little bit of leather at the front. I really like dthe shoes though so it was a shame.

aliceliddell Sat 27-Aug-11 20:13:31

But Youngish - you haven't got your fingertips down past the 2nd knuckle in a snug little mitten, have you? Of course not! Because you would look like a freak! Madness I tell you. Sheer madness.

ChuckYouFarlie Sun 28-Aug-11 13:17:33

vintage I have similar feet, most high street shoes are much too wide for me too... only the bloody ££££ ones like Tod's are properly narrow sad

youngish no, neither do I stick my toes in my mouth, it's hardly comparing apples with apples hmm

CointreauVersial Sun 28-Aug-11 14:15:24

I have wide feet with old-lady bunions, so if a pair of shoes reveal toe cleavage on me the old-lady bunions also pop out to say hello. Unattractive to the max, and an open invitation to blisters.

In fact, I find it a mega-struggle to find ballet flats that are high-cut enough to accommodate all my lumps and bumps, as the current fashion seems to be for shoes that barely cover the ends of the toes.

I have to confess, the last two pairs I found which actually fitted came from Shoefair blush and K at Clarkes blushblush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now