Talk

Advanced search

What's the verdict on these boots?

(18 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Thu 25-Aug-11 23:00:21

Tempted to buy these boots from Clarks with the 20% code, any opinions on them welcome or has anyone seen them in RL and how practical/durable do they look? Thanks

applecrumbleandcream Fri 26-Aug-11 17:56:53

Also like these which I know were around last year, anyone please? grin

I don't like the first pair because I think wedge heels on boots look v weird but that is just a personal thing. Other than that, they look fine - and comfortable.

I do like the second pair and actually might go and inspect them in-store but Clarks' boots often come up too big on the calf for me; don't know if that's an issue?

Actually, I've just looked at the side view of the second pair and they look massive, so almost certainly no good for me. Also, I'm not sure about the heel - would need to see irl. I think they look as if they'd go with lots of different things though, if they work for you.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 26-Aug-11 18:40:28

Thanks Remus, yes thought the calf looked a little big on the video, but don't think I'd have that problem. I've definitely got calves!!

I have had wedge boots a couple of years ago and I did like them but I wondered if the wedge on those looked a bit too high for everyday wear and also the pale(ish) colour wouldn't be hard wearing enough.

TracyK Fri 26-Aug-11 18:42:38

I like the first pair best. As long as they came up high enough in the leg though. I like the pale matt colour of them - but not very practical for me unf.

gregssausageroll Fri 26-Aug-11 18:42:59

Can you share the 20% code? Was going in tomorrow but if there is a good code I will order online instead.

NewChoos Fri 26-Aug-11 18:52:24

I like the first pair - wish they had a darker shade, I would be tempted.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 26-Aug-11 18:54:15

Yep, on line the code is BEFRIENDS.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 26-Aug-11 18:57:14

Tracyk it says on the website they stretch to the knee, I wouldn't have liked them otherwise. They are quite pale-ish though aren't they? Probably not very practical for wet/snowy weather. I'm talking myself out of them now!!

TracyK Fri 26-Aug-11 20:14:50

They ARE nice tho - maybe just keep them for wearing on dry or shopping centre days??

tethersend Fri 26-Aug-11 20:36:59

Clarks need to sort their spelling out. if you're going to give your boots twattish names, at least spell them right.

I like the second pair, but the first ones are dullsville.

Lucyloo81 Fri 26-Aug-11 22:24:04

I bought the second pair last weekend and love them! So comfy and I think they look good with jeans over them, and under them and with skirts and dresses. Hoping to get loads of wear out of them this winter. They are def a bit darker in colour in rl though.

PetiteMum Fri 26-Aug-11 23:04:06

I've seen them both irl and prefer the second pair. Would have bought them in a heartbeat if my calves were bigger! The first pair was ok, but the colour is a bit weird and wouldn't go with much in my wardrobe. Would be lovely in a tan though.... Hth!

applecrumbleandcream Fri 26-Aug-11 23:23:17

Thanks for all mixed opinions, I do like both pairs but am swaying more now towards the 2nd pair, mainly because of the colour of the first not being as practical and wouldn't go with as much. Though I am thinking I may order both pairs to see what they are like as I could always send a pair back (mmmm tried this tactic before and usually end up keeping them both!!!) blush

PerryCombover Sat 27-Aug-11 02:39:07

neither

iWILLdothis Sat 27-Aug-11 08:37:08

Like the first, not the second pair.
Having said that, don't think I could walk everyday in the 1st pair, but could in the 2nd pair!

carlywurly Sat 27-Aug-11 09:33:07

tethers, we said exactly the same about the names and the spelling.

The names are stupid this year, I went to Clarks intending to ask about the Norley Cedar boots and came out with Chorley Green hmm for some reason, which caused confusion for the poor assistant schlepping through the book for me.

Bloody things aren't even out yet, so it was a wasted trip.

But OP, I like the first pair better. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now