Talk

Advanced search

Is Pepperberry the new Per Una?

(21 Posts)
BelleCurve Thu 25-Aug-11 22:53:52

Seriously? I give you example one in the daywear category

www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/dresses-and-skirts/maxi-dresses/belted-maxi-dress/grey/fd01gr/?show=all&sort=1

and this for evening
www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/dresses-and-skirts/evening-dresses/platinum-shift-dress/platinum/bld3pl/?show=all&sort=1

thenightsky Thu 25-Aug-11 22:57:54

aye... shite. bravissimo has the odd top that is ok, but they are very over-priced for that poor quality. I only buy the odd t-shirt or work shirt in the sales.

OP... those links are vile.

BelleCurve Thu 25-Aug-11 23:00:00

They just get worse. Can you imagine anyone with serious norkage in that gold one?

wompoopigeon Thu 25-Aug-11 23:01:11

Every time the catalogue comes I want to like it.
Every time I think the stuff is beyond vile.
I have no idea who think think their customer base is because it's no woman I've ever met (thank Christ).

Grumpla Thu 25-Aug-11 23:03:10

By Christ, they've managed to make that very slim and pretty woman look like a few pounds of leftover sausages wrapped in foil. God alone knows what I and my (ahem) norks would look like in it.

Pepperberry stuff all seems to be made for shortarses as well. I do like the PJ tops but they are bloody expensive for what they are.

QueeferSutherland Thu 25-Aug-11 23:05:54

Wow, even the model looks gutty in the gold one. And the top half of the maxi is going to make you look really broad.

I saw some ok dresses last season, but I am average of nork, so I don't really pay attention.

bethelbeth Fri 26-Aug-11 00:55:32

I wonder who ok'ed Pepperberry.

I can picture them all sitting around a boardroom at Bravissimo saying

"Righto, we have a quite well respected lingerie brand- how can we expand the business?"
"Oh I know, let's do a tie- in brand of clothes."
"Great idea, let's undo all our previous good work and put out absolute shite that would make the most beautiful supermodel look like she was wearing a tote bag."

TheMitfordsMaid Fri 26-Aug-11 01:00:49

I've met the founder of Bravissimo, and to be honest Pepperberry looks just like the sort of clothes she'd wear. She is very nice though.

scotsgirl23 Fri 26-Aug-11 06:30:32

They were ok when they stuck to quite simple, staple type items that busty women find difficult - I have a couple of nice simple shirts, a couple of single button casual blazers and a smart black work dress which are fabulous. Those kind of things worked, but some of the things they are churning out just now are absolutely awful.

I think it was better when they stuck to a smaller range of quite classic pieces that are the kind of things we would normally struggle with - generally the smarter workwear really. I don't need a jersey top from Bravissimo (strappy vests excluded) cos, guess what, they stretch anyway!

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Fri 26-Aug-11 06:56:32

They started with strappy tops and swimsuits, that was fine. But, yes. I do like their classic white buttondown shirts, because I cannot wear buttoned shirts usually, but that's it. Their dresses are always odd lengths and their trousers and skirts horrendously overpriced given that there's no extra tailoring even involved in those.

gregssausageroll Fri 26-Aug-11 07:49:32

In the years the clothing has been going I have bought and liked one top and one shirt. The rest of the stuff is awful. Dresses don't fit and are badly cut, tops are made from really cheap material which show all your lumps and bumps - yuk!

They clearly don't talk to their customers about what they'd like because they could do very well with their clothing range if they gave it thought/talked to us of large nork.

Blatherskite Fri 26-Aug-11 08:31:05

I so want to love Pepperberry stuff but it's mainly awful, too expensive and cut just for skinnies with boob jobs. I'm a 10-12 but would look awful in 90% of thier stuff.

That gold dress makes the model look like she's got a pot belly, with my post baby belly, I'd look absolutely dreadful

HeavyHeidi Fri 26-Aug-11 14:53:50

I really, really don't understand them. The idea is brilliant, as we all can moan about shirts that gape and dresses-jackets that fit either bust OR waist and shoulders.

But 90% of their stuff is jersey and/or with cleavage up to your bellybutton.

Dear Pepperberry, listen to me now:

a) Jersey stretches. Jersey tops do not need to be cut to accommodate big busts, they do so anyway.

b) my breasts are noticeable no matter what I wear. No need for massive cleavage. Really. If I wanted that, I could shop anywhere.

See, what I want are decent work clothes. No sleevless mini-dresses, no massively low necklines. Decent fitted dresses and shirts that a) fit b) cover.

No rocket science is it?

Paschaelina Fri 26-Aug-11 14:57:16

It is mainly horrible. I will put in a good word for the strappy vest tops with built-in bra though. Solves a problem for me. And I have a good wrap top from last autumn which was perfect for breastfeeding in. The quality is fine (if polyester), but not brilliant.

Paschaelina Fri 26-Aug-11 15:00:22

Looks terrible on the model how the hell do they expect us to want to buy it.

PerryCombover Fri 26-Aug-11 15:15:13

that fist dress made me ROAR

mummylouise Fri 26-Aug-11 15:21:16

i bought the cream dress from Pepperberry last wkend. i love it!! and there is another dress i have my eye on. I am 35, 10 - 12, 30DD.

HeavyHeidi Fri 26-Aug-11 19:29:05

so I just want to elaborate. Now, where would you wear this dress:
www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/dresses-and-skirts/day-dresses/contrast-stitch-linen-dress/pewter/ap01pw/?show=16&sort=1

cut, colour, fabric - office? Bare shoulders, tits hanging out - well, not my office.

or this: jersey, cleavage for people who have just had boob jobs and want to show off the results:
www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/tops/short-sleeve/twist-front-jersey-top/raspberry/bh71rs/?show=16&sort=1

why, why?

motherinferior Fri 26-Aug-11 19:31:20

I have to say I like this, though.

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 26-Aug-11 19:36:23

Before children I used to buy Bravissimo shirts for work - loved them. But now, some really terrible stuff, and agree really cleavage-y.

I have one cotton summer dress that I bought about 2 yrs ago, but have had to send some stuff back as the quality was really not good for the prices they charge.

kitya Sat 27-Aug-11 00:10:54

I like that dress too. How does the sizing work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now