Talk

Advanced search

Going to a gig - NO CLUE what to wear

(12 Posts)
marimo Thu 25-Aug-11 19:39:12

I know, I know, it's hardly a wedding and I'll be in the dark.

But it's my first night out since DS was born (13 months ago) and I really ought to make an effort to look...awake? Nice? Fun? Cool?

I haven't really got a handle on "My Style" in, oooh, a good ten years and since DS was born I have reached new lows of cluelessness regarding what suits me/doesn't suit me/I like/is appropriate.

So, please save me a week or so of heartache and give me some pointers.

I am: size 10/12, curvy, short, blonde, pale.

cakeoholic Thu 25-Aug-11 20:01:30

I go to a lot of gigs and it's always pretty much anything goes so don't worry! There will be everything from trainers, jeans and t shirts to high heels and dresses.

Who are you going to see?

YouDoTheMath Thu 25-Aug-11 20:08:08

I tend to wear long/oversized t-shirt type things to gigs, plus jeans and Converse. Try ASOS and New Look.

Don't know if you're into makeup, but I tend to put more effort into my makeup than my clothes for a gig. I do wear it all the time, but for a gig I really jazz it up and wear vibrant colours that I wouldn't normally wear every day. There are loads of great makeup tutorials on YouTube - try Pixiwoo.

Deesus Thu 25-Aug-11 20:11:05

Depends what gig it is. Would suggest going for nice jeans and a nice top or indie Tshirt. Again...depends what you're going to see. If it's rock or indie don't wear your best shoes - they'll get trodden on (especially if you frequent the mosh pit!). Also shoes/boots should be relatively comfy as I'm assuming you'll be on your feet all night!

Have fun! smile

marimo Thu 25-Aug-11 20:19:34

I love you all. Thank you. Tis a Pulp gig so the "indie" route probably about right.

Deesus Thu 25-Aug-11 20:33:11

Fab! I love Pulp! Definitely jeans, indie T, boots and a fair whack of eyeliner!

grin

tethersend Thu 25-Aug-11 21:05:34

envy at Pulp gig.

How about something like this or this or this with black opaques and loafers.

But have to agree that anything goes! Have fun wink

tethersend Thu 25-Aug-11 21:05:49

yy to eyeliner too

marimo Thu 25-Aug-11 21:18:40

Ooooh, tethers, I actually already own a dress like the first one. Like all three!

FoundWanting Thu 25-Aug-11 21:20:38

tethersend Look!

Have a great time, OP. envy

tethersend Thu 25-Aug-11 21:28:47

HOLY FUCK FoundWanting shock

Thank you!

I...I... I... like it!!!

Do you think the zip down the back is ok?

FoundWanting Thu 25-Aug-11 21:31:27

I think it is just fine.

Anyway, you won't see it. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now