Talk

Advanced search

Help me out with a breastfeeding friendly autumn wardrobe please!

(5 Posts)
Jojay Thu 25-Aug-11 16:28:30

I've got month old twins and I'm coming to that stage where I don't fit into my old clothes yet, but maternity clothes are too big, so I need to go shopping.

Last winter I lived in short dresses, long cardi's, opaques and knee high boots, but that isn't particularly compatible with bfing. And with feeding twins, I'm whipping 'em out many times a day!

I'm probably a size 12 atm, size 10 pre pg, and I'm not sure where to start.

Getting out and about with the twins plus my two preschoolers is tough, so no time to browse and try lots of things on - online shopping will be my friend!

Budget is limited - high street prices required, especially as these will hopefully be transitional clothes and I'll be back to a size 10 at some point.

I've been made redundant from my job in a fashion environment and will be a SAHM for the forseeable future, and I'm determined NOT to turn into a frumpy Mum - please help me out!!

Graciescotland Thu 25-Aug-11 16:33:33

Layers are your friend smile I used all my (stretchy) tops with a vest underneath. One goes up the other goes down. The rookie mistake is two pull them both down...

I have just been online shopping for this exact purpose this afternoon.

I have found some wrap or button dresses/tunics from Boden, White Company and Fat Face which I can wear with leggings or opaques and boots, and then a few henley tops to wear with jeans - I also do the layer thing, one up one down, or a stretchy vest with a cardi works pretty well too.

beanlet Thu 25-Aug-11 16:56:33

Wrap dresses and wrap tops work really very well, though you might not be comfortable with quite the amount of boobage they reveal. If you really want to wear dresses/tunics, wrap or button-down dresses/tunics are the only things that work, really (try White Stuff, though I know they have a reputation for being mumsy...).

Better still are trousers worn with a top over a stretchy vest -- as Gracie says, top up, vest down, voila! Or stretchy cami-vests under neat cardigans. I have a series of stretchy vests in different colours from M&S that work brilliantly; they come in two packs.

Jojay Thu 25-Aug-11 22:10:19

Thank you everyone. I was thinking that bulky scarves might solve the problem of exposing too much boob when wearing a wrap dress or top, so we'll see.

I've got some nursing vests with drop down clips which would do as my underneath layer. Now on the hunt for the top layers!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now