Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone bother with the buy three get the fourth for a pound from Boden

(23 Posts)
kitya Thu 25-Aug-11 15:40:30

I cant even bring myself to click on the link. Im so over it.

dexter73 Thu 25-Aug-11 15:42:24

No I just deleted the email as it came in. I don't know why I even bother with being on their mailing list!

dexter73 Thu 25-Aug-11 15:44:22

In fact -
Unsubscribe confirmation
So it’s really goodbye.
You have now been removed from our mailing list. Just to warn you, it might take seven to ten days for this information to filter through our systems; which means there’s a chance you might get an email or two from us in the next week. After that, we'll never darken your inbox with this sort of email ever again.

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 25-Aug-11 15:45:12

I am sort of thinking about it. I want a dress for DD, but it is on 12 week wait. There are a couple of tops I like for the boys, and one for DD, but they don't really need them. I might wait for a better discount and get the dress then as I am going to have to wait for it anyway.

kitya Thu 25-Aug-11 17:23:03

It would only be worth it to me if you could use the 15% off as well. Even then you have to buy four things of equally expensive amounts. I dont even look anymore.

mippy Thu 25-Aug-11 22:35:32

I first started looking at this forum when stalking a Boden sale one year - now it seems people are pretty apathetic toward the stuff. Is this true?

partyhats Thu 25-Aug-11 22:40:18

Its such a crap offer, I am waiting for a better discount otherwise will not bother, it is too expensive.

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Aug-11 22:42:45

I didn't get that offer.

I've just bought the DC's padded winter coats. If I could find better boys winter coats anywhere I would say adieu Johnny. But even Gap aren't as good.

kitya Fri 26-Aug-11 00:16:20

You must have paid alot for them. Did you have to get them so early? I'm expecting better discounts. Got the catalogue today. It was the quickest flick I've ever had. I think johnnies got too cocky after his huge growth spurt. No-one is going to fall for this.

LynetteScavo Fri 26-Aug-11 08:00:32

Well I did get 15% off, and yes I did have to get the coats (I have some sort of psychological thing about keeping my DC warm) - there were a few nice things in the catalogue but I agree, Johnnie is being too cocky with his prices. I'll come back and have a look in the sale.

kitya Fri 26-Aug-11 12:10:41

damn weather has them in Winter coats already. Keep an eye on them if they are the big ski jacket type coats. My DN's have got them from last year and the stitching around the hood on both of them has come undone.

TracyK Fri 26-Aug-11 13:39:50

I was tempted as I liked the patent biker ankley type boots and maybe 2 other things - but would have been really struggling to find a 4th. Then if I sent 1 of the items back -I'd lose the discount. Not worth it really.
Though I haven't ACTUALLY thrown the catalogue out yet!

Elliptic5 Fri 26-Aug-11 14:15:16

Put my catalogue in the recycling, every time I order loads of stuff from Boden I end up sending most of it back, so not worth it for me.

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 26-Aug-11 14:18:08

I still think it is worth buying Boden for the DC, it washes well and can be passed down so is good value long term. I bought the things that they needed with the 20% preview and on the catch of the day with a code which worked out as 24% off, so they aren't too bad then.

Otherwise I wait for the sales.

kitya Fri 26-Aug-11 14:26:49

The childrens clothes were pretty hit and miss for girls over the Summer. Alot of it was really flimsy. Having said that, the short cardigans were great from the sale.

Does anybody ever pay full price, I wonder?

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 26-Aug-11 15:12:14

DD has lived in the dress tops, both slouchy and stripey. Those plus leggings and with the jersey cardi over the top if it is a bit chilly has been her uniform for months.

I think the easy jersey dress is going to be her autumn "live in", I just wish I could get another one in a different colour!

kitya Fri 26-Aug-11 16:19:37

How old is she? They are good basics but my older DN's wont touch them anymore sad

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 26-Aug-11 16:25:55

She is only 5. She hates girly pink stuff, especially anything with Hello Kitty on, so the bright colours of Boden suit her.

LynetteScavo Sat 27-Aug-11 13:27:09

Well DS's padded coat arrived today. I've been buying these each winter for my DC for the past 10 years.

But, I am sorely disappointed this year. The overall quality has gone down hill massively. I dragged a load of old coats out from the under-stairs cupboard to compare, and decided that Johnny is trying to squeeze as much cash out of people for as little as possible.

The only reason I haven't sent it back is because DS needs a navy coat for school, and I haven't got the time to trawl the shops looking for one, but if I did, I expect I could find a coat of similar quality for 1/3 of the price in a supermarket.

Gap had a similar coat, but in red I noticed yesterday. The lady told me they are having one of their VIP 30% of events in September. I shall be kitting the DC out in GAP clothes this winter I think.

accessorizequeen Sat 27-Aug-11 14:00:41

Lynnette I think gap have a navy version of that coat. And it was already marked down with the school discount I think. I felt the same about this years puffa coat which I got in green and sent straight back! Can't decide if the gap one is a bit too warm.

MillyR Sat 27-Aug-11 14:12:25

I've bought lots of things on the buy 4 items offer - about 20 things I think, all from Mini Boden. There are three items that I'm sending back to exchange for a smaller size or a different colour, but I'm happy with the rest of it.

kitya Sat 27-Aug-11 15:00:07

Im sorry Lynette, I knew you would notice the quality. Like I said, the two we bought last year are coming appart at the seams.
Their duffles have got much thinner as well.

Im staying away.

used2bthin Sun 28-Aug-11 07:58:46

I've been looking at this. If it was buy two get one free it may be worth it as I find it hard to get DD clothes that are nice and bright now she is older-she isn't five yet but wears age 7 as she's very tall.

I want a couple of dresses or tunics and a cardi but I am not paying nearly £30 for a cardi! Are there any better codes about?

I don't think anyone would pay full price, they must mark them up but expect to get at least ten percent less. I also want a pair of boots for me from the kids range but already there is a six week wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now