Talk

Advanced search

Who's going to Notting Hill Carnival and what are you wearing?!?!?

(11 Posts)
Chocamochalatte Thu 25-Aug-11 13:12:53

If you're travelling to the carnival what are you planning to wear?? Esp on you feet with this weather???

I'm soooo excited, I can't wait!

Chocamochalatte Thu 25-Aug-11 17:55:14

anyone???

dexter73 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:19:18

I'm not going this year as I will be on holiday but I would wear jeans and trainers.

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Thu 25-Aug-11 18:22:31

I am going and just wearing chinos and brogues which I won't mind getting wet and filthy.

Don't get too despondent at the thought of rain though - I went last year, spent the morning in Camden where it PISSED down, parked up just north of Notting Hill and it was sunshine all afternoon. We had a brilliant time, and can't wait until Sunday.

We stood on the canal bridge just near the big bus depot thing (near to the judging area) -was a good place to stand as we got a great view, and it wasn't too crowded.

Chocamochalatte Thu 25-Aug-11 18:30:29

I don't remember the rain last year! We have been for the last 5 years and love it... I must say though I don't think we've ever been near the judging area... doesn't ring any bells...

Shinyshoes1 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:40:28

I'm going and I will probably wear green linen trousers, my much loved Birkie sandals and a t-shirt. Its going to be a bit chilly I reckon

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Thu 25-Aug-11 18:40:43

The judging area is not too far from the canal/westway. It's where the floats stop and there is a grandstand where people sit (presumably with tickets) and the floats/dancers are judged.

No it didn't rain in Notting Hill last year, just in Camden, thank god!

It's so much fun and I love it.

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Thu 25-Aug-11 18:42:22

Here's the map www.thecarnival.tv/quickmap/Quickmap_page.htm showing where the judging area is, right at the beginning, near Westbourne Park tube.

Chocamochalatte Thu 25-Aug-11 18:48:22

Thanks for that!

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Thu 25-Aug-11 18:49:36

Have a lovely time smile

Chocamochalatte Thu 25-Aug-11 18:57:01

You too! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now