Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedding outfit he'll

(8 Posts)
Mumswang Wed 24-Aug-11 18:32:05

i am 2 weeks postpartum. I am attending a very dear friends, very glamerous wedding next weekend

I am a wobbly, flabby, lactating mess with all the verve and vigour of someone who hasn't had more than 90 minutes uninterrupted sleep for a fortnight

I need something with boob access, I think I need long sleeves. I'm a size 16 ish, my boobs have taken over an area the size of a small county (36g or h)

I picture myself in a flatteringly cut dress with long bell shaped sleeves and a deep v neck for boob hoisting

Then again I can barely string together a sentence let alone trust my own judgement

Has anyone seen anything that will make me beautiful?

Maternelle Wed 24-Aug-11 18:42:23

I have a 2-month old DD. I found this dress very flattering:in black
I don't like the other prints though, otherwise I would have got one of each!

Maternelle Wed 24-Aug-11 18:43:02

No bell shaped sleeves, mind you. But the cut is very flattering.

CMOTdibbler Wed 24-Aug-11 18:51:08

How about this? Their stuff is very heavy jersey and v v flattering

belgo Wed 24-Aug-11 18:53:06

I went to a wedding five days post partum. I wore black maternity trousers and a long sleeved grey top. NOBODY looked at me because they were all to busy gushing over my babysmile.

Congratulations!

Mumswang Wed 24-Aug-11 19:09:19

grin you're right belgo
I prefer the isabeelo Oliver one. Not so keen on the Biden one and think my fat Arse would look fat in it

Shame the Isabella o one isn't in nicer colours. I don't think the burgundy would suit and black is a bit black for a wedding

Mumswang Wed 24-Aug-11 19:41:34

Ok so I've changed direction

What do you think to this combo?
trews

fiorentina Wed 24-Aug-11 19:45:32

I like the outfit you've linked to. I would personally have been a little nervous of wearing a cream top due to er boob leakage, but if you don't have that issue, then I think it'll look nice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: