Talk

Advanced search

Am I too old to shop in New Look?

(10 Posts)
pink4ever Wed 24-Aug-11 16:53:46

Ok carrying on from my previous thread about where to shop for my age(35). Was passing New look today and decided to pop in for a look. Was a shop I used to buy in a lot but now having the feeling that it is too young for me.

Alot of the stuff they had in wouldnt suit me-pussyblow blouses,shifts(not kind to norks imo) but they did have a couple of nice tea dresses that I thought were maybe possible?

Sorry still not mastered links but if anyone cares to take a look-one is a green tea dress,the other floral blue pattern and the third brown. I imagine they would be pretty short but as I live in 100 denier opaques anyway maybe that wouldnt be a problem?

Also saw some teal coloured shoe boots in the sale-but again wasnt sure if they screamed fashion victim?

YouDoTheMath Wed 24-Aug-11 16:56:52

No, I don't think so. It's about how you dress, not where you buy the clothes.

Fimbo Wed 24-Aug-11 16:57:50

Is this the blue one?

I like it. I am 43 and if I had the figure would wear it with opaques/leggings etc.

Not sure about the shoe boots tbh, but they do have some fabulous shoes in there.

I would say go for it.

pink4ever Wed 24-Aug-11 17:22:40

No fimbo not that one but very similiar-the one I looked at was £24.99. I dont know about having the figure to pull it off-currently a 14/16 but working towards 12/14.

upahill Wed 24-Aug-11 17:25:14

if an item of clothes suits you then you are clearly not old to wear it.
If that item is in a shop then you are ok to go in and buy it. (IMO)

tethersend Wed 24-Aug-11 18:17:01

They sometimes have nice things (am 33)

I am currently coveting this dress, although it's been styled appallingly and looks crap in that pic. It's not on the site though... Anyone seen it on their travels?

pink4ever Wed 24-Aug-11 18:46:25

OOhh I love that dress tethers! didnt see it in my local shop-will probably be in one of the flagship stores.

tethersend Wed 24-Aug-11 18:51:47

Right, if you see it, get me one; If I see it, I'll get you one grin

birdsofshoreandsea Wed 24-Aug-11 18:54:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pink4ever Wed 24-Aug-11 20:24:45

If they get that dress in my local store then I will get it-would be lovely for xmas nights out.
So if I am not too old for New look then what should I be buying in there? someone who can do links give me some ideas please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now