Talk

Advanced search

Sally Hanson Legs

(12 Posts)
gregssausageroll Wed 24-Aug-11 14:44:35

So I bought it. The lightest version and it made my legs look dirty and slightly orange. As if your make up wasn't done properly. Yuk. What have I done wrong?

Helltotheno Wed 24-Aug-11 14:59:09

How did you put it on? I usually do it in the bathroom, pop one foot on a chair, spray a dollop into one cupped hand, then rub my two hands together and rub it in really well and thoroughly around the leg. You really need to blend it properly and I find that takes a lot of rubbing in, that's why its crucial to have as bright a room as possible. I don't usually exfoliate for this but legs would be hairless of course. I wouldn't spray directly on the leg but maybe other people do it this way.
Otherwise I don't know what could be wrong. You're absolutely sure it's the lightest one? I tried the medium once and found it very hard to blend and patchy, with a totally different texture to the light one.

kplondon Thu 25-Aug-11 06:57:57

I love Sally Hansen Legs but the fair/lightest one is a crap colour - you need the medium one (and I am the colour of skimmed milk so would normally reach for the fair one). Also those self-tan mitts are wondrous for making instant tans or self-tanners go on perfectly. In a month we'll all be wearing tights again I guess.

gregssausageroll Thu 25-Aug-11 09:00:00

Yes, definitely got the right colour. Not sure I want to part with another £10 or so for another colour if that won't work either. Tights for the wedding are cheaper!

Helltotheno Thu 25-Aug-11 09:49:22

Well it's thumbs down from me on the medium anyway and I'm red-haired but not deathly pale. I don't want to look tanned though, I just want to look more or less sallow/blemish-free...

I'd say keep experimenting with the one you have.

WhollyGhost Thu 25-Aug-11 11:14:06

you need to invest in a mit - I had the same problem and using a mit it goes on perfectly

plus, I don't get it on my hands

gregssausageroll Thu 25-Aug-11 13:51:08

ok, will try a mit. how much do you use for one leg?

WhollyGhost Sun 28-Aug-11 12:16:52

no idea, I just keep spraying until it looks even

cyb Sun 28-Aug-11 12:19:07

I have the light one and I say less is more

I sprayed it on my legs (yesterday funnily enough) and rubbed it all in, Added extra spray to mozzie bites etc and rubbed that in too

On no account should you be spraying it like you woudl if you were giving a car a paint job,it only takes a bit

I love it, I wish I'd used it more this summer.

MissBeehiving Sun 28-Aug-11 14:24:45

Use a mitt - works really well.

babycham42 Sun 28-Aug-11 14:28:56

I used Avon skin so soft age-defying flawless legs in fair/medium and was very impressed.

ChuckYouFarlie Sun 28-Aug-11 21:21:31

Moisturise first!!! Then rub it in. Dry skin = baaaad fake tan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now