Talk

Advanced search

Best place for bra fitting in Kingston-on-Thames

(8 Posts)
Lorelai Wed 24-Aug-11 13:43:22

I'm going shopping tomorrow for my back to work wardrobe and I need some new bras. I want to make sure they are right as I am still bfing (but don't want nursing/maternity bras - I am desperate for some underwire!!!). Any thoughts as to a good place in Kingston? I am rather large of nork so need somewhere that will stock the larger sizes. I was thinking of John Lewis but not sure if there is somewhere better.

Ambernj1 Wed 24-Aug-11 13:54:13

I can't help much, but I can tell you where NOT to go, and that's M&S - went there after stopping bf and they were useless. Maybe JL or Bentalls?

Lorelai Wed 24-Aug-11 14:15:58

Yes, I agree about M&S - I have had loads of fittings there in the past and all rubbish. Hadn't thought about Bentalls.

Anyone know if there are any good independant shops in Kingston? Alternatively, are JL good? I get discount there so would be handy to be able to go there.

fiorentina Wed 24-Aug-11 14:16:37

I went to JL in Kingston recently for a post baby bra fitting and they were very helpful.

Havingkittens Wed 24-Aug-11 19:27:41

What about Bravissimo? I think there's one in Kingston.

I asked in House of Fraser last week and the girl told me I was a 32F, I nearly fell off my perch! I went in because my 34D bras were feeling too tight and I wanted to buy a bra I could actually breathe in. I tried one on in the shop and it looked ok in the cups but felt a bit tight. Anyway, I bought one in the HoF ebay outlet and put it on for about 10 minutes this morning before almost expiring from lack of oxygen so it's back to square one for me! I suspect I am a 36C or D in real life. So, what I was trying to say was, perhaps not House of Fraser grin

Haberdashery Wed 24-Aug-11 19:53:21

Could you make it to Richmond? There's a Leia there which has been good IME. There also used to be a good independent bra shop in Teddington but I can't remember what it was called. Also, there's a nice independent bra shop in East Sheen.

OliPocket Wed 24-Aug-11 21:19:47

M&S = useless
John Lewis = bit rude but know their stuff smile

Have fun!

Lorelai Wed 24-Aug-11 22:16:18

Thanks all. I might check out Bravissimo for a fitting then buy in JL smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now